Crash when wanting to navigate picture folders
Hello there,

I have a problem which started with XBMC "Gotham" and made its way into Kodi. I use the program mainly for displaying images for customers on events and it is quite nice but since "Gotham" XBMC is not able to open large folder structures and generally works pretty unstable.

I put in a new source which is a folder on a big hard drive which contains a lot of subfolders with lots of photos, then navigate to that folder and I can't enter either of the subfolders as the program crashes instantly, bringing me back to the operating system.

Funnily "Frodo", aka 12.3, works. It takes some time to get into such a folder and it uses lots of CPU power but it manages to get there.

How would I be able to get that solved? I have already reset XBMC and Kodi by deleting the folders in "application support" but it didn't help.
post the crashreport and debug log (wiki) to pastebin.com and put the link in here
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Does that help?

Log
no this is the log of the session after it crashed i guess and also you are missing the crashreporter file from the dislog shown by osx...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Okay, this is from OS X: Crash Report

This is all I get from Kodi: Kodi log

Crash happens after the last action (select).
Tried it on yet another computerand still no luck. Kodi just crashes. Any more info needed?
All i can tell from the crash log is that there is some raw format picture in there somewhere (or multiple of them) which the cximage library does crash on. We have no expert for this library in our team anymore so unlikely that this is looked into it in the near future.
Even if there is no RAW it doesn't work. Strangely XBMC "Frodo" has no problems with the same folders and it even extracts the preview file from RAWs. So something was implemented after Frodo that makes XBMC and Kodi crash in that scenario.
Yes but this doesn't help the fact that we don't have anyone who maintains this part of the code atm. I would still be interested in the crash report when there is no raw image involved.
Hello there,

strangely I was able to navigate some folders the first time ever with Kodi. Until I found one with some RAW images in it, then Kodi crashed. And now I can't even navigate the ones without any RAW in it.

This is the last log before the crash, I didn't open a folder with RAW images so if something like that pops up in the log then something else is going wrong.

This is the log file for the system start after the crash to upload the log file.

And this is the OS X crash report.
The last log is useless because it only holds the session after the crashed session. Also the crashlog still shows

Code:
186.3   ImageLib-x86-osx.so                 0x000000010d4debf0 CxImageRAW::Decode(CxFile*) + 1280

As the point of crash which is in the raw image decoder im cximage. Last but not least - even if this were the right logs - they are still no debug log (wiki) files (debugging was not enabled.)
Okay, this is the correct debugging log.

Navigating a folder without RAW files and did not open a folder with RAW files in that session.
And the crashreport that fits this exact session please? (maybe i didn't say it clear - even if i can't read anything usefull out of those logs - they need to match and they need to be debug logs).
I don't get it.

Now I tried to replicate the error on another, newly setup, machine.

On the first run it crashed on the second level of the file structure (RAW - folder - folder) like usual. I then started again and navigated some other folders without problems.

Now I can navigate the folders with JPG-images in it (though it is very slow to change from one to another) and I can even enter a folder with RAW-images in it. But if I want to open a RAW-image it works a minute or so and then hangs up und crashes.

OS X crash report
Kodi Debug Log

Is this something Kodi isn't able to do and it won't change? Do I have to use Frodo again?
If Frodo works for you then it would be a valid suggestion to keep using it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash when wanting to navigate picture folders0