Volume changing by itself
Recently, Kodi has been changing the volume all by itself, setting it to minimum. In the debug log, I see these two lines repeated over and over many times per second:
Code:
18:39:22 T:139991624308672   DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 64, from xbmc, message OnVolumeChanged
18:39:22 T:139991624308672   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnVolumeChanged from xbmc

This system has no keyboard or mouse. Only a USB IR receiver, ethernet, and HDMI connection. I tried unplugging the IR receiver, but the problem persists. How can I find out what is causing the volume change?
It could be from an add-on. Can you post a full debug log (wiki)?
Soon after I posted that, the system crashed, and since the reboot, the problem hasn't occurred. But this has happened several times; I'm sure it will happen again in a day or so, and then I'll post a debug log. For now, here's a crash report.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B52QuT8...sp=sharing
Kodi believes that you have a joystick connected - please make the following change at the relevant position to .kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml

Code:
<input>
  <enablejoystick default="false">false</enablejoystick>
  <enablemouse>true</enablemouse>
</input>

Edit: This Joystick is also banging the volume keys ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ok, I will give that a try. So far so good. But I do want to get my IR receiver working, will this change affect that? If it matters, I have an Asus AT3IONT-I Deluxe with the included receiver.
No it won't.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Volume changing by itself0