Is this what's called 24p judder?
Every ~3rd second when panning it's like the video "pauses" for a few ms, though it looks much worse IRL (maybe because of the size difference): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_0tom9O...e=youtu.be

I've only had 50 Hz sets before (a CRT and plasma) so I've never seen 24p before (except in the cinema I guess). I don't get how people could like 24p. Maybe I'm too used to 50p and pulldown.

60p looks much better. Also I don't have to fix any audio sync which I have with 24p. Sure, it's not perfect but at least it's watchable compared to 24p:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zlD2iQHqb4
Enable "sync playback to display" if you don't want to use refresh rate switching
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
(2015-03-11, 17:50)lrusak Wrote: Enable "sync playback to display" if you don't want to use refresh rate switching

I've read about that and used it but I can't really see a difference with it on or off.
(2015-03-11, 18:08)ioncype Wrote:
(2015-03-11, 17:50)lrusak Wrote: Enable "sync playback to display" if you don't want to use refresh rate switching

I've read about that and used it but I can't really see a difference with it on or off.

By default, Kodi will play content at the same framerate as your display. If it is a 60hz display, content plays at 60p.

If you enable refresh rate matching, the display will attempt to match the refresh rate of the content. If it is a movie, it will switch to 24hz mode (if your TV supports it) and play back at 24p.

It could be that hardware acceleration is causing the stutter. I would turn off DXVA decoding and use Software instead.
(2015-03-12, 01:35)Warner306 Wrote: By default, Kodi will play content at the same framerate as your display. If it is a 60hz display, content plays at 60p.
I thought that with "sync playback to display" OFF it's just the TV that does the pulldown. With OFF the info says ~23.9 fps for 24p content.
I'm not positive as I just got the Samsung UE55H7005 LCD TV but it looks like judder is less severe with "sync playback to display" at OFF.

(2015-03-12, 01:35)Warner306 Wrote: It could be that hardware acceleration is causing the stutter. I would turn off DXVA decoding and use Software instead.
There's no difference. 24p at 23 Hz has shitty judder anyway. Only thing that helps is setting at 50/60 Hz.

Btw, I'm using an Intel NUC NUC5i3RYH i3 5th gen as HTPC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is this what's called 24p judder?0