Linux Windows NEXTPVR to Ubuntu KODI
Is it possible to share my OTA tv channels through my network from my windows 8 machine that has NEXTPVR installed to my Ubuntu machine?

Thanks!
That's exactly what the NextPVR PVR addon will do for you.
(2015-03-12, 04:21)pkscout Wrote: That's exactly what the NextPVR PVR addon will do for you.

For some reason it's not in my KODI addons. Searched and everything.
Kodi has a very strange way of dealing with the PVR addons. You have to go into SETTINGS -> LIVETV and enable it. Kodi will then tell you that you don't have a PVR addon enabled and take you to a list so you can enable one. The NextPVR addon should be in that list.
(2015-03-12, 09:40)pkscout Wrote: Kodi has a very strange way of dealing with the PVR addons. You have to go into SETTINGS -> LIVETV and enable it. Kodi will then tell you that you don't have a PVR addon enabled and take you to a list so you can enable one. The NextPVR addon should be in that list.

that worked, thanks!

Do you know if I can set the Hostname to a Mac Address?
(2015-03-12, 14:49)Reb313 Wrote:
(2015-03-12, 09:40)pkscout Wrote: Kodi has a very strange way of dealing with the PVR addons. You have to go into SETTINGS -> LIVETV and enable it. Kodi will then tell you that you don't have a PVR addon enabled and take you to a list so you can enable one. The NextPVR addon should be in that list.

that worked, thanks!

Do you know if I can set the Hostname to a Mac Address?

I'm pretty sure hostname has to be an IP address or valid DNS/hosts file name.

Sweet Geebus! You have made my day/week/month!

I have been fighting to get a PVR program working for far too long! MythTV is a huge nightmare (I' m too old to read all of the source code). TVHeadend is a major headache and Kodi has stuff hidden in obscure corners like the one you revealed.

My only remaining problem is that the Windows 8 box I am running it on is too underpowered for NextPVR but that is a problem I can solve by throwing a couple of dollars at it.

The missus gets back on the plane tonight and I may have something to show for making the Living Room look like a tornado hit a Radio Shack!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows NEXTPVR to Ubuntu KODI0