Loading channels affects background? Memory issues?
Just dipping my toe in the Kodi-waters - have been using Openelec Gotham on all my clients previously.

Behavior I'm seeing is pretty strange. Setting up my first Kodi client, I noticed some "blacked-out" pixels on the menu screen of the standard confluence skin, and figured the TV pixels were going out. Hadn't noticed it before. Played a show (via WMC addin), and the pixels were fine (hmmm?)

Rebooted, and watched that spot on the screen. Lo and behold, as the PVR add-in loaded channels, recordings, etc, the blacked out pixel area grew in size, and blacking out more pixels horizontally as more data was loaded - as if the memory for the skin background were being used by the PVR add-in! Is that possible?

The client *seems* to be working ok, but only had it running for a day. Any ideas?
The pvr client gets loaded into where ever kodi puts it, and the addon itself allocates very little memory. I don't know what else to say about it, except I have never heard of this happening before and that it's a really weird result.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Loading channels affects background? Memory issues?0