Intel NUC & OpenElec speed
Hi there
I have an Intel NUC2820, loaded with Openelec.
The OS is installed on a 240gb ssd and the unit is connected to my switch via cat6 to my synology NAS.

Overall I am very happy.
I get the impression however that the device does not browse through the different screens fast enough. I'm talking about a few seconds here but still. I wanted to ensure I am not leaving anything out.

I am using the default skin as a base.
Connected to my NAS which has around 1400 HD movies rangingin from 1GB up to 50GB files, mostly mkv. TV series most the same. Movies are done through NFS whilst TV series through SMB.
I am guessing I should in first instance change the TV series to NFS, is that correct?
Otherwise on the unit itself, I havent done much to the BIOS settings, I've heard about a fastboot?
On the OS i have removed RSS and weather services, otherwise kept it pretty standard.

Finally, when using some of the movie/tv series streaming services, a lot of time I do get the 'working' icon and it can take a while to play something. I have a 70mb internet connection so cant believe it has to buffer much?

Can anyone offer any advice?

thanks!
Intel NUC DN2820FYKH, OpenElec 5.0
Synology NAS 412+ & DX513 (20TB)
Sure. Switch all your mechanical drives to more expensive ssd drives. Make sure your server never sleeps ever, So you don't have to wait for it to wake up.
kinda done all that already...server is always on. and I have a 204Gb evo ssd.
Ah, I'm guessing you mean the drives in the NAS......sighs if only, 20TB of ssds, i dread to think the cost
Yeah I was being a little sarcastic giving your setup is already pretty muched maxed out. Your going to have some seeking time before something plays. The computer still has to load find the file on the hard drive and read it. Way better than reading a bluray disc.
Ha, thought as much Smile
ah well worth a shot
thx for comments

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC & OpenElec speed0