Asus Chromebox or HP Chromebox
Hi all
I have decided to get a Chromebox to run Kodi there are 2 brands available where I live.
The Asus and the HP. The specs look almost identical except the HP has a 2995U processor while the Asus has a 2955U processor.
Are these processors basically the same or is one better than the other? The HP is on sale right now and is $20 cheaper.
The $20 is not the end all in my choice I just want the best box. I have read the Wiki on setting up a Chromebox and I think I can do it.

This is a great site for a person that is new to this stuff. I have already told 3 friends about your site.
Thanks everybody
Magoo
(2015-03-20, 22:23)Magoo Wrote: Hi all
I have decided to get a Chromebox to run Kodi there are 2 brands available where I live.
The Asus and the HP. The specs look almost identical except the HP has a 2995U processor while the Asus has a 2955U processor.
Are these processors basically the same or is one better than the other? The HP is on sale right now and is $20 cheaper.
The $20 is not the end all in my choice I just want the best box. I have read the Wiki on setting up a Chromebox and I think I can do it.

This is a great site for a person that is new to this stuff. I have already told 3 friends about your site.
Thanks everybody
Magoo

that's a typo, they both use the 2955U. If you've read the wiki, then you know the only differences between the HP and the Asus are # of ram slots (1 vs 2) and fan noise level (HP is a bit louder). For $20 more, I'd get the Asus.
Get Asus
To add one more opinion, Asus, even for $20 more. There are only two reasons to consider the HP over the Asus, and one doesn't even apply in your case. The only reason then would be that you will have your Chromebox in plain sight and you really prefer the look of it, or it simply does fit better with your decor. IMO, the HP has a nicer finish. Internally, the Asus is the better unit.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asus Chromebox or HP Chromebox0