• 2(current)
Release WNBC Programs
I'm not sure I understand this but this NBC add-on works great on Win7 PC running Kodi 15 but won't stream on Fire TV running Kodi 15. In contrast, your CBS add-on streams fine on both devices.
(2015-06-10, 16:01)mr3p Wrote: I'm not sure I understand this but this NBC add-on works great on Win7 PC running Kodi 15 but won't stream on Fire TV running Kodi 15. In contrast, your CBS add-on streams fine on both devices.

Firstly, what versions of CBS and NBC are you running? I've made recent changes to both and could have screwed something up.
I think I know why. CBS uses rtmp, which is fine on all platforms. NBC use a https link which means that the ffmpeg needs to be compiled with gnutls or openssl to provide https streaming support. This is always available under Windows and I thought that all Kodi builds beyond 15.0 had it in Android, but I may be wrong.

Please enable debug logging and turn on on verbose specifically for the curl library, then play an NBC video. Post the log to xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com and paste the link here in the forum. I suspect that somewhere in the log you'll see something like this:

15:06:16 T:2914669632 NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
15:06:16 T:2914669632 DEBUG: ffmpeg[ADBA5440]: https protocol not found, recompile with openssl or gnutls enabled.
15:06:16 T:2914669632 DEBUG: Error, could not open file https://
I'm using most recent version of your addons. I think your conclusions are 100% correct and thinking back the FireTV may be running 14.x which would completely explain whats I'm seeing. I'll have to check later today and install Kodi 15 on Fire TV if it is running 14.x Thank you for (hopefully) solving the mystery.
I use smart DNS (unlocator.com) to access US shows. It works well. There is no slow downs because my connection is direct to the stations instead of a proxy. I found that I really like smart DNS because I can also view Canada and Euro based shows without having to disconnect VPN and reconnect to country specific VPN.

Anyways, to the point. Watching Bad Judge (All Episodes) with SUBTITLES enabled, every time there is a quote " " it shows as " .
Example:
Code:
"He said that" will show as "He said that"

I am guessing it is an Unicode issue or something, it does get annoying but not critical. Thank you for your work.
V1.0.9 in my git/ test repo:

Fix for subtitles (not unicode issue, translate from html codes issue). There was also a website change which prevented videos from playing.

Let me know if it works for you so I can update the kodi.org repo.
Appears to work however sometimes I see blocks, not sure what it represents.

Two blocks during the first 2 minutes of bad judge (1x10)

Otherwise all is good. Thanks.
(2015-08-13, 17:08)gambitz Wrote: Appears to work however sometimes I see blocks, not sure what it represents.

Two blocks during the first 2 minutes of bad judge (1x10)

Otherwise all is good. Thanks.
What do you mean by blocks? Do you mean solid characters which look like blocks?
Yes however, it is not solid character on my screen. A square? But shaped like a solid character block.
(2015-08-14, 16:24)gambitz Wrote: Yes however, it is not solid character on my screen. A square? But shaped like a solid character block.
The only thing I can think of is there are a few frames of 2 chars which are music notes (representing music I guess?) that I see in the subtitles. Maybe your device shows them as blocks?
No idea. I'm done with Bad Judge so no worries. Thanks. It's weird I don't get notifications anymore. I'll have to check my settings. Anyways thanks again.
Also noticed the same when I watched the "world's got talent" episode of America's got talent with subtitle on. It doesn't really bother me but thought I'd point it out. Not quite sure what they are supposed to be but they are not musical notes as that shows up properly. Thanks for the great add on as always.
I really love this addon but lately it hasn't worked for me. I get an error that states 'no playable video found' but gui shows entries.
(2015-09-02, 07:07)Very Tas Wrote: I really love this addon but lately it hasn't worked for me. I get an error that states 'no playable video found' but gui shows entries.

You need to give some specific information about what doesn't play, as well as a debug log if you want to track this issue.
The addon is working for me - there are some entries (particularly classic shows) which do not have any playable content.
This great addon stopped working for me about a week ago. All the videos come back with 'no playable video found' error message. Curiously the thumbnail of the video is shown.
I get this on all my windows machines and android tablet.

I am using Version 1.0.8 downloaded from the stock Kodi repo. Located in Maryland with Verizon FiOS.
1) Do NOT put debug logs into the forum. The rules clearly tell you to put them into xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com and to post a link to them in the forum. Please cleanup the post above, it just takes up space.
2) You need to enable Debug logging in Settings->System->Debugging and while you're at it, enable component specific logging for libcURL library.

You're not the first to report this, but I'm not able to reproduce the problem on my systems. Please let me know where you are located (use PM if you're not comfortable in the forum). The debug log needs to be full (the one above does not look to be):
Code:
13:40:41 T:5740 NOTICE: Thread TCPServer start, auto delete: false
15:12:12 T:5280 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

The url being skipped is very strange - why is it using playlist player? What version of the addon are you using and did you download it from the kodi.org repo?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WNBC Programs2