• 9(current)
Release WNBC Programs
I don't think it has necessarily to do with geolocation, because from my browser it works well.

Opening
Code:
http://tve-atcnbce.nbcuni.com/live/3/nbce/containers/dateline/iPad
in the browser the "assetID" looks like this:

Code:
"assetID": "dateline",
"type": "show",

But your plugin when running in KODI 16 (Amazon Fire TV) parses the "assetID" to this string "/dateline/video".
(2016-04-05, 23:08)janeczku Wrote: I don't think it has necessarily to do with geolocation, because from my browser it works well.

I'm very sorry to tell you that it most definitely has to do with your location. A redirect is taking place. I have 6 firesticks running everything from 15.2 to 17 pre-alpha and they all work fine.
Thanks for the swift reponse @learningit!

I just solved my problem:
The addon's show index directory was cached to disk with outdated show URL's. Even restarting KODI did not make the plugin refresh the directory.
Fixed by overriding the procDir method in scraper.py and setting cache2Disc to False:

Code:
def procDir(self, dirFunc, url, contentType='files', viewType='default_view', cache2Disc=False)

I would like to know why it is caching so aggressively. This would probably also prevent a newly added show to show up in the addon.
(2016-04-06, 01:23)learningit Wrote:
(2016-04-06, 01:15)learningit Wrote:
(2016-04-06, 01:08)janeczku Wrote: Solved my problem:
The addon's show index directory was cached to disk with outdated show URL's. Even restarting KODI did not make the plugin refresh the directory.
Fixed by overriding the procDir method in scraper.py and setting cache2Disc to False:

Code:
def procDir(self, dirFunc, url, contentType='files', viewType='default_view', cache2Disc=False)

As i already suspected it seems to be a bug and has nothing to do with geolocation.

Glad it worked for you. If you actually understand what that does and what the default is, you would understand that is not the issue. I would advise folks not to make that change. There may be an issue with the particular release of Kodi you're using, but the default on the call, as documented here is True : http://mirrors.kodi.tv/docs/python-docs/...fDirectory None of my addons would work at all if it had to be False.
Fair enough. It's probably an upstream issue with Kodi and this is just a dirty workaround. Anyways i am super glad i finally get to watch the new Dateline episodes... Tongue
Since the addon update when the WNBC icon changed I get immediate error as well Sad
Can't get even list of streams available
Any ideas why?
Thanks
The above is just a mess. Please do not post logs in the forum use pastebin or xbmclogs. Post the entire log, not snippets which are useless. I'm going to guess that you are not located in the US.
(2016-04-21, 12:26)learningit Wrote: The above is just a mess. Please do not post logs in the forum use pastebin or xbmclogs. Post the entire log, not snippets which are useless. I'm going to guess that you are not located in the US.

Thanks for reply,
you guessed right, located in Canada but it was working perfect till the update happened
Coincidence?
Is there way to try the older version?
I just posted end of the log since I didn't find anything else related and wasn't sure if there is any private info I shouldn't be sharing on line. (PM sent with full log)

Thanks

EDIT:

Reverted to previous 1.0.13 version and all working fine again! Hurray! Smile
Ideas why?

Thanks
If you're outside the US, Version 3.0.1 is going to have issues. Not a lot I can do about that.
(2016-04-21, 22:15)learningit Wrote: If you're outside the US, Version 3.0.1 is going to have issues. Not a lot I can do about that.

That's too bad, I hope the older version will keep working.
Thanks for the time you invested in this project Smile
(2016-04-06, 01:08)janeczku Wrote: Thanks for the swift reponse @learningit!

I just solved my problem:

Code:

I would like to know why it is caching so aggressively. This would probably also prevent a newly added show to show up in the addon.

Thanks to @janeczku for putting me on the right track. We were both kinda right and kinda wrong.
What was happening is Jarvis now caches the add-on VFS. The cached image is stored in a .fi file in the cache directory (at least this is where in Windows, it's under temp in Android).
It is incorrect to make the change shown above, cache2Disc should remain set to True.
To clean-up the cached urls, I deleted all the .fi files in the cache directory and restarted Kodi.

I have submitted a PR for V3.0.4 which should help keep things running better once the cache files are deleted. V3.0.4 also require script.module.t1mlib V1.0.15 which will load automatically from the kodi.org repo. If you have installed from a repo or zip, other than the kodi.org repo, I'm not sure script.module.t1mlib will update correctly. My advice is to uninstall the current add-on and reinstall from the kodi.org repo when V3.0.4 becomes available.
I submitted Version 3.0.5 to the kodi.org repo.

Adds the ability to add a WNBC TV Show to the Kodi Video library.

You need to add /home/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.wnbc/TV Shows/ as a video source and select content type as 'TV Shows', AFTER you add the first video from the addon to the library. Do a scan all items when you set the content type. After that, the videos should automatically get added to the library. I had to restart Kodi after setting up the video source on Android to get it to auto-scan for subsequent shows

The context menu allows you to 'Add to Library' when TV Show (not episode) is selected.

Update should be available in a few days.
Suddenly can't grab listings on any device (all krypton builds). Was working fine a few hours ago. Hopefully just s temporary blip rather than a website change??

Edit: rolled a device back to Jarvis and still getting an immediate error message when opening the addon. Will send debug if it's just me!
Hi learningit
Can you confirm it's not working for you and something has changed, otherwise I'll post a debug.
Thanks
(2016-09-23, 19:39)drdwridav Wrote: Hi learningit
Can you confirm it's not working for you and something has changed, otherwise I'll post a debug.
Thanks

Version 3.0.6 fixes this bug. A PR has been submitted to the kodi.org repo, should update in a few days.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WNBC Programs2