• 27(current)
Canadian Broadcasting Corp (CBC.ca) Video Addon
(2016-11-02, 19:49)sabrex Wrote:
(2016-10-27, 18:55)learningit Wrote: Latest 17 nightly is better but doesn't work for all video streams or platforms. I'm going to wait for the Kodi platform to be stable before I release the add-on. It just causes frustration for users who think it works.

Thanks learningit. Is there any way that a link could be provided to the updated add-on for those who want to try it before it is released?

Why are you asking when he already told you, no?! *** ******

[Edit System rules -2.1 General conduct PAtK]
(2016-11-02, 20:04)learningit Wrote: No. I'm so fed up with two groups of idiots out of Canada that take the code and resell it as an android apps that I'm ready to stop supporting all my add-ons.

Would one of them be that guy from Montreal? FWIU he's already been absorbed into our legal system - think he's been sued for piracy. Anyway, please keep the faith, there are those of us that appreciate your hard work and just use it for ourselves.
>Anyway, please keep the faith, there are those of us that appreciate your hard work and just use it for ourselves.
I concur.
I would estimate that thousands, maybe millions, use your add-ons. That's a pretty cool thing.
(2016-11-03, 15:38)marathone Wrote:
(2016-11-02, 19:49)sabrex Wrote:
(2016-10-27, 18:55)learningit Wrote: Latest 17 nightly is better but doesn't work for all video streams or platforms. I'm going to wait for the Kodi platform to be stable before I release the add-on. It just causes frustration for users who think it works.

Thanks learningit. Is there any way that a link could be provided to the updated add-on for those who want to try it before it is released?

Why are you asking when he already told you, no?! *** ******

[Edit System rules -2.1 General conduct PAtK]

Based on the comment by learningit that you're quoting I believed that a working version wouldn't be released because it would cause frustration for users not using the nightly Kodi builds. Then learningit responded that he also has additional concerns in mind, which is of course perfectly understandable.

Why you think it's ok to respond the way you did, causing a general conduct system edit to remove part of your comment is beyond me... to each his own I suppose. Have a lovely day.
(2016-11-07, 00:11)sabrex Wrote: Why you think it's ok to respond the way you did, causing a general conduct system edit to remove part of your comment is beyond me... to each his own I suppose. Have a lovely day.
Any child would have understood what he meant, but nice try. You were being obstinate, if you had bothered to even read a bit of the thread you'd realize that we were all waiting patiently. But no, your needs are/were more important ... That's the way you came across.
Out of pure curiosity, what has changed in CBC's streams that requires an update from the Kodi core?
Just interested in some of the technical details.
(2016-11-14, 19:31)skelband Wrote: Out of pure curiosity, what has changed in CBC's streams that requires an update from the Kodi core?
Just interested in some of the technical details.

The way the HLS streams are structured. I'm not sure of all the details but I did see that they deviated from the old streams to the point that they wouldn't play.
It's not entirely correct to say that "Kodi core" needs an update. inputstream handling is through a binary add-on in V17 and up. That add-on needs some tweaks to play the streams correctly. Unfortunately because it's a binary add-on, a separate version (compile) is needed for each platform so it takes time to get everything functional. Because the separation of inputstream handling with an add-on is new, it also takes time to get some of the existing stream handling (like rtmp) coded and tested which needs to be done before new requests like mine for this add-on are honored.
Hi Guys,

Maybe I'm smoking crack right here, but I have been silently following this discussion about the add on not working for quite a while now. I know nothing about add-on programming, inputstream modules, or video streams. All I knew is that on my Kodi box (Jarvis) CBC was add-on was not working. I thought I would have to wait until I had installed Kodi 17 or even later to get this fantastic add-on again.

To my surprise today I tried to go to the latest "The National" broadcast and voila! it's working!

How come is working again? has something changed?

Thanks and sorry if this sounds too obvious to most of you... I'm just a Kodi user with no technical experience.
(2016-11-17, 22:25)msurasky Wrote: Hi Guys,

Maybe I'm smoking crack right here, but I have been silently following this discussion about the add on not working for quite a while now. I know nothing about add-on programming, inputstream modules, or video streams. All I knew is that on my Kodi box (Jarvis) CBC was add-on was not working. I thought I would have to wait until I had installed Kodi 17 or even later to get this fantastic add-on again.

To my surprise today I tried to go to the latest "The National" broadcast and voila! it's working!

How come is working again? has something changed?

Thanks and sorry if this sounds too obvious to most of you... I'm just a Kodi user with no technical experience.

I would be very interested to know if anyone else has this experience.
@msurasky can you share what version of the CBC add-on and Kodi version that you are running?
I'm sorry to be a bit confusing here, but when I tried to get the information you requested (Add-On and Kodi version) I stumble upon the fact that the only reason why The National was working for me was because of the way I was accessing it. Let me explain...

It appears that I can't still navigate the add-on. Having said that, I had an entry in my Yatse Favorites (that I used back when the add-on was still working) that allowed me to go directly the folder "The National" (in order to save myself a few clicks, I guess...).

It turns out I can see the video for the latest edition of The National when accessing it directly that way.

I'm not sure if this helps as a work-around because in all honesty I wouldn't know how to add an entry in my Yatse Favorites if it was no longer there (for the obvious reason that I can't navigate inside the add-on in order to add the Favorite entry) but the reality seems to be that, as long as I keep that favorite in Yatse, streaming of that particular show works like a charm!

BTW, my Add-On version is 3.02 and Kodi is 16.1

Cheers!
That would be more like what I would expect. Navigation is totally different now, I have worked all that out. I can also play most videos on a couple of platforms, but not all that I test on. I also still have issues with particular videos which have a slightly different HLS format, so it's hit or miss whether a video for a given show will play. We're almost there, but not quite.
(2016-11-17, 23:37)learningit Wrote: That would be more like what I would expect. Navigation is totally different now, I have worked all that out. I can also play most videos on a couple of platforms, but not all that I test on. I also still have issues with particular videos which have a slightly different HLS format, so it's hit or miss whether a video for a given show will play. We're almost there, but not quite.

Well... the way I see it a few more weeks is not going to make a huge difference. All that matters is being able to enjoy again your great add-on some day. I know I share the sentiment of many people around here when I say that the hard work you are doing is highly appreciated and I thank you for all these great years of Canadian television on the living rooms of people who otherwise would be left out of all this CBC content.

Keep up the great work and Kudos to you!
Since the CBC addon has stopped working, I also have continued to use the news program "The National, The latest Broadcast" which I had saved in my list of Favourites. I am able to view both the live news broadcast starting at 9:00 pm as well as the recorded version usually after 10:30 pm during the week and Sunday and earlier on Saturday's shorter news version.
Should have added that I am currently using LibreELEC along with Kodi Krypton Beta 5.
Hello all.

I'll feel a bit silly if you all know about this already, or if it's not a workable solution for whatever reason, but I scanned the previous posts (all 27 pages!) and couldn't find any obvious references to this, so here it is:

The National is available to watch live on Youtube.

I'd been watching this thread because, as a new Kodi user who's been trying to cut the cord for my parents (who were always used to watching Peter Mansbridge at 9pm Eastern on the CBC News channel), none of the relevant add-ons seemed to be working. Well imagine my surprise when I discovered that CBC is officially (as far as I can tell) broadcasting the show live, free for all (and free of Rogers/Bell/Shaw!).

I don't know if there are geographic restrictions that would prevent someone outside of Canada from viewing it, but here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/user/CBCTheNational

Again -- if I'm just showing my newbieness by posting this info, then please pardon. But hopefully someone else will find this as useful as I have.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Canadian Broadcasting Corp (CBC.ca) Video Addon4