Win Cutting the cord
Good Afternoon,

I'm looking into a way to cut the cord. I'm currently running into a few issues and would like to know more to make a better informed decision. I'm not sure about What OS to run yet but couldn't create a topic in General.

I have 2 current setups

1 HP Chromebox running Openelec using default hardware with 2, 3 tb external drives using Network cable.
1 Non Branded Celeron 1037U system with Dual Wifi and 8 GB mSSD and a 1 TB external HD Running Openelec

What i'm looking to be able to do is simple I currently have Amazon Prime and wish to get Hulu Plus. I have attempted to load Hulu Plus from SuperRepo for Openelec but the Download gives me a 404 page

So What am I looking at.. I'm I going down the wrong path or and I going in the right direction
OpenELEC is a stripped Linux installation with the sole purpose of running OpenELEC and a few things on the side. Anything that's not provided needs to be installed including dependencies. For a novice that can be quite a hassle.

If you want to use Linux I think Kodibuntu is a better platform for what you're trying to achieve, but it might be some of those services basically require a Windows install (like Netflix used not to run on Linux without jumping through a lot of hoops).

Hope it works out Smile
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
I'm not opposed to moving to Windows, I just want to make sure I get the correct version that give me the best experience.
I have been using BMC/Kodi since my og xbox
So i'm still looking to do this but I was wondering. Currently I'm running on a HP chromebox. Is this going to really be strong enough to do the job I need? I can bump the ram to 8 gb
You really don't need 8 GB RAM for this. Kodi itself can get by quite well on 1 GB RAM, more is not of much use to Kodi itself.
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
Thank you, I think I'll be installing the \Windows Version on my Celeron 1037U and see if it helps with my powering off issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cutting the cord0