screen calibration problem while video playback (not in menu)
Hi,

Just recently started using Kodi and having an issue during video playback:
- enabled overscan on TV, screen size is OK when browsing menu, perfectly fits the screen, didnt have to calibrate
- while playing video, the playback picture is bigger than the TV screen in all the 4 directions
If I go to video calibration without stopping the movie, the calibration shows it's not OK. If I calibrate while playing movie in background, then it will be OK for some time, or the next restart of the RPi2.

My setup:
- Samsung UE55H6500 TV
- Raspberry Pi2
- Kodi 14.2-RC1 13 March (XBian latest RPi2 image)
- Aeon NOX skin

Is there a solution to this if someone can help?
thank you
Balage
Seemingly it was an issue of changing refresh rate; System -> Video -> Adjust display refreash rate to match video -> turning Off solved it
That would make sense. Changing the refresh rate would require different overscan settings.
(2015-03-31, 08:28)balage Wrote: Seemingly it was an issue of changing refresh rate; System -> Video -> Adjust display refreash rate to match video -> turning Off solved it

I know this is a year old thread but thank you for posting your solution. I had the same problem and this worked for me too.
Each refresh rate has separate calibration stored.
So if your GUI display mode is 1080p60 and you play a video at 23.97Hz it will need separate calibration.

You can calibrate this in system/video settings like you did for the GUI. Just switch refresh rate to 23.97 calibrate (repeat for other refresh rates you require) and then switch back to 60.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
screen calibration problem while video playback (not in menu)0