v14 RASPBIAN - KODI HANGS WHEN "STOPPING" video streams
Ps... some anecdotal evidence was suggesting me this question: is possible that the video resolution (e.g. 720p+) may have a role into this issue?
(2015-04-15, 13:19)artoo Wrote: Here is the link to the video http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=6kPRHU2k [./texturecache.py playw "videolink"]

Youtube video plays and stops okay using my own nightly/newclock4 build. Tried with omxplayer enabled and disabled.
For the sake of the meaning of this thread. On raspian, using the built of the 29th of march (currently the most updated in meme unstable repository) which is the one that I believe milhause was suggesting me to test some time ago the problem persist. See my report above.

If I am misunderstood then I'd like to know. Am I still running a version with known issues?

I trust you that on openelec or some other precooked IMG the problem does not appear. The issue I am describing here is for the use of kodi in raspbian.

The problem seems less Severe in terms of hanging time if I let kodi hanging for a while
The fix didn't become available until 31 March, so a build from 29 March isn't going to have the fix.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi i just found this thread googling after this error.

I have the same problem when trying to stop videos from the youtube plugin. I tried everything until now without solution.

You can reproduce the error using an fresh raspbian an installing kodi.

Further i compiled from source kodi 14.2, the lastest rbp_backports branch and the latest newclock4 branch. No changes the error stays.

I also noticed that the time kodi hangs depends on the length of the video, for me it seems that the video thread wait for the video until the full stream download is finished before ending the thread. An easy test: If you interupt the network, the video thread stops directly. One more detail: cpu is 100% during the hang. And last: kodi hangs with omxplayer and dvdplayer.
I wanted to post here as I have the same issue. I'm running Kodi 14.2 Git:7cc53a9 which I got from http://michael.gorven.za.net/
This version is compiled on March 29th.

The issue for me is exactly as misterboo explained. Kodi will eventually 'unhang' if you give it enough time. That time depends on how long the video is.
The reason I'm posting is that I have th 'unlimited buffering' option enabled in advancedsettings.xml and I was wondering if all of you guys who are facing this issue have this option enabled.

Summary of my advancedsettings.xml
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<readbufferfactor>1.0</readbufferfactor>

I hope this helps in resolving this issue.
(2015-05-03, 10:57)jowadmax Wrote: The issue for me is exactly as misterboo explained. Kodi will eventually 'unhang' if you give it enough time. That time depends on how long the video is.
Same KODI (29th March), same issue.. kodi will eventually "unhang" .. that is right.

(2015-05-03, 10:57)jowadmax Wrote: The reason I'm posting is that I have th 'unlimited buffering' option enabled in advancedsettings.xml and I was wondering if all of you guys who are facing this issue have this option enabled.

Summary of my advancedsettings.xml
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<readbufferfactor>1.0</readbufferfactor>

I have nothing in my advancedsettings.xml ( all defaults and therefore no unlimited buffering). That does not seem to be causing the issue. So far seems something due to dvdplayer <-- he is the one hanging.

This issue seems to be ok with the latest built that is not yet in raspbian repo:

deb http://archive.mene.za.net/raspbian wheezy contrib unstable

.. I am still waiting for that update to be compiled and a .deb to be released there. That should solve the issue or at least open new scenarios.

As said previously to Milhouse, I cannot be bothered to compile and(or) package a deb myself.. I'd rather wait and see as long as the packages come through on meme.za. Instead, if you do want get the source from git and compile it and test then let me know what you find out.
Milhouse,

What commit fixed this particular issue? Can you reference the url for that commit?

Thanks!
(2015-08-11, 04:46)videostorm2 Wrote: Milhouse,

What commit fixed this particular issue? Can you reference the url for that commit?

Thanks!

This was the original commit on 31 March, replaced by this commit on 1 April, however this was almost 5 months ago and a lot has changed since then...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
It looks like these commits were never added to "official" Helix final.

Were they confirmed to resolve the issue?
I think your problem, people running Kodi on Raspbian, is that the Kodi version in RPi Foundation repo (till now) is compilled using libcurl-gnutls instead of libcurl-openssl.
Playing videos of google sources, like youtube, and do "stop" makes it freeze.
The only solution i have found is to compile Kodi against libcurl-openssl.
I already alerted Michael, the guy from the "mene repo" and who makes the packages present in RPi Foundation repo. He already made the changes to his bazaar so i think in his next build of Kodi, this problem will be fixed.

Meanwhile, if you are interested, here are fixed Kodi 15 debian packages for Raspbian (RPi 1 and 2).
http://pipplware.pplware.pt/pipplware/di...in/binary/
rascas

I did confirm that switching to libcurl-openssl fixed it. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RASPBIAN - KODI HANGS WHEN "STOPPING" video streams0