Random reboots when starting a video
My apple tv 2 restarts randomly when starting video files. It is not consistent and it does not always fail with certain videos. I did see there was a plex issue, i followed that and upgraded plex, and it did not resolve the issue. I again, removed plex so that I only have XBMC.

My setup is below and I was able to capture a failure pretty well after a reboot of the apple tv.

Starting Kodi (14.2 Git:2015-03-26-7cc53a9-dirty). Platform: iOS ATV2 ARM (Thumb) 32-bit
Using Release Kodi x32 build (version for AppleTV2)
Kodi compiled Mar 26 2015 by GCC 4.2.1 for iOS ATV2 ARM (Thumb) 32-bit version 4.2.0 (40200)
Running on Apple Inc. AppleTV2,1 with iOS 4.3, kernel: Darwin ARM 32-bit version 11.0.0

My log files are located at the following locations:

kodi.old.log

CrashReporter - AppleTV_2015-03-31-210206_Apple-TV

syslog

Any help will be appreciated. I can see some errors in the logs but nothing that is obvious to me.
Nothing?
It's a known problem that cannot be fixed other than by going back to a much earlier version of XBMC. The ATV2 just doesn't have enough resources to properly run the last few versions of XBMC/Kodi and that is why support for it has been dropped.
Thanks for the reply. I missed that memo but found it and thus reverted back to v11.

http://kodi.tv/farewell-to-future-appletv2-development/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random reboots when starting a video0