OS X Which OSX is recommended for Kodi?
My father still uses his old Mac Mini and I noticed that we had a lot of troubles after upgrading OSX at some point. I think everything after 10.8 was just bad. Currently it's on 10.9.5 but I'm reluctant to upgrade to 10.10.

He uses the Mac only for Kodi - nothing else. Should I stay on 10.9. or will the upgrade to 10.10. be beneficial to Kodi?
IMO 10.10 doesn't really offer any improvements related to Kodi. Not saying it would cause any problems, most of the ones I've seen posted were for Yosemite running on the server, but if you only use the Mac for Kodi and everything is working then I don't see any reason to upgrade the OS.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Big tip, if he uses the Mini for anything other than Kodi I would not upgrade.
Apple has started using pretty small Fonts on OSX Yosemite and if you have vision issues with close up stuff its is a real eyestrain with a lot of the system fonts.

I kinda regret upgrading from Mavericks now Sad

Thanks for the reply. If there are no advantages then I won't upgrade.
Depends on the vintage of the Mac mini. For instance, the mid 2010 has major network connectivity issues under yosemite (and apple considers this mini legacy hardware). Not only that, yosemite appears to bog down this vintage of mini. I have reverted both my minis to 10.9.5 Mavericks and they work excellent.
Both Lion and mountain lion had their problems that Mavericks fixed, at least for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which OSX is recommended for Kodi?0