• 5(current)
Win KODI4SMARTIE - Kodi DLL for LCD Smartie
thought id revitalise this thread as some others may be having the same issues I am

just done a full reinstall (long story) went to windows 10 pro edition 64bit.

loaded all of lcd smartie up to the point where I can load info onto the screen and that all works fine no issues at all.

I cant get kodi4smartie to load however. I'm getting error message
"Load of plugin failed: LoadLibrary failed with #126: The specified module could not be found."

checked everything is in the correct folders and correct capitalisation and still the same issue, I'm now guessing that its something to do with the dot net framework?

installed the latest version of that and still no joy.

could you let me know what dll files the plugin is dependant on in regards to the framework so I can check I have them there and installed.

cheers
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I am having issues connecting from my home IP. Says something about being banned but I am not sure why...although I did get a new IP address from the provider recently.

I had the same issue when I had reinstalled windows 7 and never figured out what was causing the issue then it just started working. I tend to think it must have to do with the visual C redistributables.
Hey @Jakester34 and @zadzad... I'm having the same problem as zadzad (Load of plugin failed: LoadLibrary failed with #126: The specified module could not be found.).

Fresh install of Windows 10 x64. I see in my Add/Remove Programs that it lists the following Visual C++ Redistributables:
- 2010 x86
- 2012 x64
- 2012 x86
- 2013 x64
- 2013 x86
- 2015 x64
- 2015 x86

Any idea which one I am missing? From the list here (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...-downloads), I'm only missing 2008 - which doesn't install on Windows 10.

Thanks for a great plugin!

EDIT:
- I found links for 2008 (both x86 and x64) that installed on Windows 10:
x86: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/det...en&id=5582
x64: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/det...en&id=2092
After installing there is no change however.

I also found a link for 2010 x64, that is now installed but no change.

EDIT 2:
- Found links for 2005 (x86 & x64), however no change. I still get the error:
x86: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/det...en&id=5638
x64: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/det...n&id=18471
Hi guys, same error here. Load of plugin failed: LoadLibrary failed with #126

Btw, do I need to install lcdproc add on,on kodi? First post doesnt say anything about this.

Thanks

win 10 x64
I am not sure what it is looking for here. When I saw this problem after reinstalling windows7 on my MC PC I think I recall that the kodi4smartie dll still worked fine.

One thing I can sefely say is that you do not need to have any other add-ons installed to use this.
Dont know, installed every cc++ redist, framework 2 and 3 and problem still there.

If i put (kodi4smartie,1,,) without the $dll wont show any error, but i think it s not loading the dll.
I dumped out the dependencies and see the following:

File Type: DLL

Image has the following dependencies:

cpprest140_2_6.dll

I downloaded the zip file and noticed that it includes the cpprest120_2_6.dll version which is wrong. I just updated the archive to v2.0.1

Not sure how I did that..
excellent, loading the new dll works. its now being found.

getting the kodi media center text and date with time on the display

im now having another issue however. as soon as i open a video in kodi lcdsmartie crashes

the files are on a nas drive but this should not matter as it never did before?
It is possible that the build in 2.0.1 is bad. You could try the 2.0 dll with the correct cpprest dll. I didn't do much testing other that the load. I will check it out to see if I can see it on my side.
Hi thanks. New version works fine. No crashes on win 10 x64

But, I cant get kodi to show what is playing, screen always says kodi media center. Im pretty sure something has to be enabled on kodi to communicate with lcdsmartie, but there is no mention at all on this thread.
I tested tonight with the Kodi 17 w/10 app and it appears to work fine without any additional changes to the kodi configuration. In order to get the title to display you need to have lcdSmartie running before you start a video.

If you are having problem connecting then try editing the kodi4smartie.cfg file change the line

// kodiexe=Kodi.exe

to
kodiexe=kodi.exe

notice the lower case k. I didnt have to do this to get it to work but my test application needed it.

If seeing a crash when displaying a video let me know the video name in the database...unless it is a raw filename.
Hi, tried but doenst work for me.

LCD screen show kodi media center on first line and date and clock on second line.

When kodi starts, nothing changes, tried with movies and music and keep showing kodi media center and date / clock.

Tried on a clean kodi install with no additional add ons.
Try turning on "Allow Remote control from other applications on this system' on the setting->services->control page. Without that turned on kodi is not listening to the port.
i have that setting enabled, from first glance it always looks like the plugin is working as its showing the kodi media centre date time ect, its not until i run a video i have an issue, nothing seems to happen to the lcd screen as the movie plays.

however upon closing down kodi (or just sending it to the back) that i can see that the lcdsmartie program has shut down all together, still displaying the kodi media centre info on the lcd screen but obviously this is halted giving the impression that the program is still running but not.
start kodi
telnet to localhost port 9090
start a playing some media.

You should see json output in the window. If it is unable to connect then check the firewall settings to make sure port 9090 is open.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI4SMARTIE - Kodi DLL for LCD Smartie0