What's the best linux distro for Kodi + Steam + TVHeadend?
Hi all,

I've just managed to trash my Kodibuntu installation on my Asus Chromebox (It's no longer auto logging in, see here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1976816) and I've got no idea how to fix it.

So, it looks like I may have to perform a fresh install of an OS, I'd therefore like to have some opinions on what the best linux distro is to suit my below requirements:
  • Seamless Kodi - autostarts on boot/restarts on crash
  • Steam in-home streaming
  • TVHeadend

Thanks in advance!
Well...I think Ubuntu is still the best way to go. There might be other distro which works as fine as Ubuntu does, but AFAIK Ubuntu is always recommended.

Reinstalling Kodibuntu takes ~15 minutes. Done it several times in the last two days for testing things. So if your installations gets crashed in some way and you dont mind your installed addons, why not installling it again. Would be faster than asking here and wait for a response for a hardware which might not be used by many ppl Wink
For your first problem check the bolded out text below.

May I suggest Kodibuntu, its easy to get working and has the seamless Kodi experience you want.
After the install, you can switch over to the desktop (which actually is not startet at all at normal boot) and install Steam, login, and change the setting to start in big picture)
Also you can edit the XML file in the theme of Kodi and add a Steam launcher.
After this log out and change the session to Kodi again and log in to switch back to Kodi (I think the default is to auto log into the last kind of session, so you need to switch back to kodi this way)

I don't know anything about TVheadend though. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What's the best linux distro for Kodi + Steam + TVHeadend?0