Win32 Disk Imager
Whilst setting up my new Raspberry Pi 2 unit, I tried using the Win32 Disk Imager for my SanDisk Ultra microSDXC 64GB Class 10 memory card (SDSDQU-032G-U46A). However, it gave a cyclic check error 11% in. It had already partitioned the card and seemed to copy most/all of the files on the primary partition. I tried re-doing it a few times but still same error. I gave up and tried another microSD card which worked without errors.

However, trying to delete the partitions under Windows using diskpart would not work. Disk part would list the drives I had when the card wasn't plugged in but as soon as I plugged the card in diskpart would not return after making it list the disks. I tried several times but still the same problem.

Is there another utility I can use? How can I check if the card has been physically corrupted? If it has been physically corrupted then it's possible it could have happened before I tried win32 Disk Imager.

I know the card is not a fake card (as this can sometimes be the case) as I purchased the card from Amazon directly (i.e. sold by Amazon not via another party on Amazon). I also run the tool h2testw for all memory cards as soon as I take delivery of them just to make sure and it came back as expected.

I've had the card for just over a year and it was used flawlessly in my Samsung Galaxy S4.

Any suggestions?
You can try using gparted, which is a very usefull tool

If the card is broken, its broken Wink
(2015-04-10, 15:50)technostreamer Wrote: I've had the card for just over a year and it was used flawlessly in my Samsung Galaxy S4.

I got my wife a microCD card - SanDisk 16GB for use with her Samsung Galaxy Tab2.
After a while she said she never used it and couldn't seem to get files onto it.
When tested, it seemed corrupted, and I couldn't get it working with anything I tried.
A google search showed people with similar problems.

Perhaps there is some commonality here - try a search for problems with your particular card
Derek
'badblocks' from a live linux cd is your friend. I prefer Hiren's but ymmv

here is the usage: http://superuser.com/a/376278
there's a much more thorough writeup out there but my google-fu is on the fritz

i know this because i started having troubles with an RPi-B last week and pulled my hair out after trying three different 4Gb HDSD cards which all turned out to be toast, likely from the Pi. Went back to using the pre-cambrian era 512Mb, removed it's /storage partition and stuck that on byzantine-era 2Gb usb stick. Stable as a rock now.

edit: come to think of it, Hiren's is actually kind of Windows-centric
Kodi 14.2: Mythbuntu-14.04.2 (1xC2D-T6400|4gb),(1xAth64+3800|2gb) | Win7 (2xC2D-8400|4gb) | OE 5.08 (2xRPi-B+)
MythTV 0.28-2825: Mythbuntu-14.04.2 (Ath64-3800|2gb|80gb/1tb) | mySQL for mythconverg | Kodi instance
Server 14.04.2: (AthX2+5000|4gb|80/500/2x3000Gb) | DNS/Wins/NFS/SMB/mySQL | Deluge/Sick/Couch/HTPCmon/LMS(squeeze)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Win32 Disk Imager0