Android (AFTV) Music drops off once a minute
Installed Kodi 14.2 on my new Amazon Fire TV
When I play music from my NAS (smb), the sound fades out for half a second about once every 2 minutes or so - not often enough to be stutter, but annoying enough.

Tried with videos (mkv/mp4/iso) but no problems there - playback is fine!

I have tried outputting sound through HDMI to TV and through Optical to Amp - same problem
Tried different encodings (mp3/flac) no difference
Just tested Kodi 14.2 on Win7 from NAS
Playback is fine, no falling out - problem limited to ARM/AFT

Man, this is ruining my Pink Floyd (children free) morning! :-D
No one else experienced this problem?
Last desperate arttempt

Connection and playback from NAS tested with ATV2 (XBMC/frodo) and W7 (Kodi/14.2). No fall-outs in music.
Streaming music from NAS to other devices (tablet and phone) works fine
Streaming mucis from NAS to AFT results in fall outs every 1-2 minutes (seems random although no less than one minute no longer than three between fall-outs)
mkv, mp4 works fine
mp3 and flac has fall-outs

Using a wired connection

Suggestions/ideas are welcome!
uninstall/reinstall? Try SPMC maybe?

Maybe turn on debugging and check the log.
(2015-04-14, 17:10)whitebelly Wrote: uninstall/reinstall? Try SPMC maybe?

Maybe turn on debugging and check the log.

Thanks for the input.

Tried uninstall/reinstall with both Kodi and SPMC, no change
Tried with optical out and hdmi out, to various sources.

Pretty sure its either the AFT or the build.

How do I access the log on AFT (SPMC)?
(2015-04-14, 19:29)ilder69 Wrote: How do I access the log on AFT (SPMC)?

You should be able to navigate to it with the file manager, then copy it to a network share. I haven't attempted it myself on a FTV. If you have Samba access, that would be a path as well.
Tested with Frodo on AFT and ATV2 - problem persists with former setup, nothing on ATV2

It seems the problem occurs more often the higher the bitrate of the file. Flac files fall out about once a minute. MP3 with 256 bit rate once every 2-3 minutes while I can listen to numerous songs with low (128) bitrate without fall-outs.

Anyone got any idea why?
Tried changing every component in the setup - the only constant where the error occured was my old Zyxel NAS220.

Wonder wether it is the buffering or something - is it easy to change buffersize on AFT/Kodi?
I have the same problem and I've tried every thing to fix it. The only thing that worked was installing SPMC 13.4, stutters gone!! maybe one day they'll fix the SMB issue but I doubt it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(AFTV) Music drops off once a minute0