Backup restore scenario
Sorry for a possible dumb question, but I'm just not getting how to backup and restore my kodi stop.

I did a fresh install, added a bunch of addons and did some other customization of those addons.
I have used 3 backup addons:XML Backup, Backup, and Total Installer.

I used all 3 to backup to different locations.

For whatever reason, I lost my kodi setup and had to reinstall.

I ran the restore function of each of these tools, but my kodi set up did not change. Looks like a fresh install.

Is there something I should be doing to get these restores to work? Since I have the same problem with all 3i figure is something I must be doing.

Thanks.
I totally agree so hope somebody responds! Did a restore from version 14.2 to 15. Complete waste of time, restore did nothing.... Backup gave a false sense of security. Does it not work between versions 14 helix & kodi 15 alpha? I got one add-on restored (several not like weather), no thumbs, no scrubber settings for folders, no video or music file locations.
If a third-party addon doesn't do what it says it does, shouldn't you contact the addon author or post in their support thread?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
In case another crash / data loss should happen again, I would just backup my .kodi folder with the following command (from your home folder) :

Quote:tar cvzf kodi_backup.tar.gz --exclude=.kodi/temp .kodi

Then in case you need to restore it just "untar" it to .kodi folder (still from in your home folder) :

Quote:tar xzvf kodi_backup.tar.gz

If you are not comfortable with command lines, you can use regular GUI archiving tools, but remember to remove the .kodi/temp folder (it takes about 7G on my system, and the rest of the archive takes "only" 400 MB).
(2015-04-17, 23:05)nesousx Wrote: (it takes about 7G on my system, and the rest of the archive takes "only" 400 MB).

You can delete the contents of the .kodi/temp folder, there's nothing in there that needs to be kept. There's no way it should be 7GB unless something has gone nuts and dumped a load of junk in there (core dumps, maybe?).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-04-17, 23:32)Milhouse Wrote: You can delete the contents of the .kodi/temp folder, there's nothing in there that needs to be kept. There's no way it should be 7GB unless something has gone nuts and dumped a load of junk in there (core dumps, maybe?).

Thanks Milhouse, I did delete the temp folder which was really weirdly huge indeed. Will monitor it and see if it grows again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backup restore scenario0