Question about external players and remotes
I want to setup MPC-BE as my external player. I've read the wiki and got Kodi to use it to both play files as standard and show up as an alternative player.

However, I know MPC-BE has different inputs from Kodi, as they're different programs. Is there a way to "standardize" remote inputs across them? As in, to use the same remote for both? Also applicable to Netflix as I want to use NetfliXBMC to stream its content.

Also, is Kodi able to scrape BDMV folders to add movies to the library or just actual video files (like mkv, mp4, etc.)?
Does MPC-BE have editable hotkeys? If so you could do it that way. Otherwise you may need to look into AutoHotKey

NetfliXBMC has a utility for remote navigation. Check the forum thread.
The guide below includes some instruction on how to configure a remote in MPC to control Kodi:

HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player
Thanks.

Is Kodi able to scrape rips of bluray discs? Not mkv files, but the BDMV folder.
(2015-04-16, 10:31)ldavet Wrote: Thanks.

Is Kodi able to scrape rips of bluray discs? Not mkv files, but the BDMV folder.

Yes, it is. But I don't know which players are compatible with these files.
(2015-04-17, 21:51)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-04-16, 10:31)ldavet Wrote: Thanks.

Yes, it is. But I don't know which players are compatible with these files.

Actually, only commercial ones, which is basically only PowerDVD ATM, since TMT was discontinued. But I decided they aren't worth the trouble, since PowerDVD is expensive and requires you to pay to upgrade to the next version. I looked around and I'm sticking with ripping my BDs and using MPC-BE for the playback.

I set up MPC-BE following your guide and LOTR Fellowship of the Ring looks very tasty in it. I have a gaming GPU so I liberally cranked up the settings. Tongue

MPC-BE can play the BDMV folder but not menus, so it's worthless to have the folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about external players and remotes0