3/4 screen vertical lines
I'm curious if anyone has had this issue or not. I have only one movie that won't play right, Avatar. It plays fine on my tablet although it buffers a bit. However on my HTPC (i3 NUC) it has vertical lines for only about 3/4 of the screen, the top portion of the screen plays fine.Vsync is on. Deinterlacing is on.It is the only movie that I have in my library that has this issue. Any thoughts?
(2015-04-14, 02:06)The0ry Wrote: I'm curious if anyone has had this issue or not. I have only one movie that won't play right, Avatar. It plays fine on my tablet although it buffers a bit. However on my HTPC (i3 NUC) it has vertical lines for only about 3/4 of the screen, the top portion of the screen plays fine.Vsync is on. Deinterlacing is on.It is the only movie that I have in my library that has this issue. Any thoughts?

Have you checked to see if you are using a true fullscreen as opposed to a fullscreen window in Video settings?
I just checked. Same issue in either setting.

As a test, turn both rendering and decoding to Software.
Definetly much closer. The movie is now clear for the whole screen. However there is a tiny freeze every other second or so.
(2015-04-14, 03:51)The0ry Wrote: Definetly much closer. The movie is now clear for the whole screen. However there is a tiny freeze every other second or so.

Hardware Acceleration is likely to blame if the situation improved. The tiny freeze may be inherent in the file.
Is their a "best all around" setup with respect to deinterlacing and decoding/rendering?
If it's an Intel GPU, Software decoding with DXVA-HD rendering is the way to go. With your problem, I would stick with Software decoding. The choice of renderer depends on your GPU. The link below provides more information on this topic:

List of scaling algorithms used by Kodi DVDPlayer
Yeah its an On-board Intel HD Graphics 4400. I will definitely check out that link. Thank you very much

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3/4 screen vertical lines0