Can liveTV OSD buttons be changed ?
Is there any way to change or reassign the buttons that come on the LiveTV screen ?
I don't really like to use FF or REW and would like to have Step Forward 30 seconds and Step Back instead.

I am using LiveTV with serverWMC as a backend on HDHomerun Prime and this creates a video file on the serverWMC system.
It would be great to start a TV channel, then pause it for some time and then navigate to skip the commercials.
FF does not seem to work well for me in that situation.

Anyway thanks for steering me in the right direction.
You'll have to modify the skin in order to change the buttons and/or their meaning.
Why not just use the skip forward button on your remote?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for your reply.
Modifying a skin seem to be a bit too involved for me.
Of course using a remote, I can easily use the buttons I like or even
reassign any button to suit my needs.
I was hoping that there is a way to do the same for the user interface (GUI) as well.
Does not seem to be as easy as just changing a few lines in a .xml file though.
In fact it might be as easy as changing a few lines of xml code...

I have been looking a bit more and found that for the confluence skin, the information is held in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\skin.confluence\720p\VideoOSD.xml

If you want to replace the FF and RW button behavior for both LiveTV and regular video files, you
need to replace:
<onclick>PlayerControl(Rewind)</onclick>
with:
<onclick>PlayerControl(SmallSkipBackward)</onclick>

and:
<onclick>PlayerControl(Forward)</onclick>
with
<onclick>PlayerControl(SmallSkipForward)</onclick>

at 2 locations in the VideoOSD.xml file.

This seems to be all that is needed there.

Now, to adjust the SmallSkipForward and SmallSkipBackward times you would do that in your
userdata/advancedsettings.xml file.
For example:

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<timeseekforward>10</timeseekforward> <!-- Time to seek forward in sec - short seek. Defaults to 30. -->
<timeseekbackward>-5</timeseekbackward> <!-- Time to seek backward in sec - short seek. Defaults to -30. -->
<timeseekforwardbig>300</timeseekforwardbig> <!-- Time seek forward in sec- long seek. Def 600 (10 min). -->
<timeseekbackwardbig>-300</timeseekbackwardbig> <!-- Time seek back in sec - long seek. Def to -600 (10 min). -->
</video>
</advancedsettings>

Seems simple enough for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can liveTV OSD buttons be changed ?0