Large Libraries
how well does KODI handle large libraries?

im wrapping up my hardware build, and i'm looking at having approx. a total of 36TB available for my movie files, i will be running a small 64gb SSD for my main OS and KODI files... and the rest will be mechanical 6TB WD RED drives...

i ask this question because I have currently about 1TB worth of HD movies, and this will allow me to continue to convert and acquire digital copies of the rest of my blu-ray movies and dvd movies, as well as add new ones......
The amount of storage you have is irrelevant. The library is defined by the number of items (movies, tv shows, episodes, albums, songs).

Your 36TB could be filled with 50GB Blu-ray rips, which would be about 720 movies and not a problem for Kodi on any platform.

However if you were ripping 1GB movies, then that would mean an awful lot more movies (potentially 36,000) and lower powered platforms might struggle.

So you need to define your question in terms of how many items you intend to have in the library and the type/speed of hardware (ie. CPU) on which you intend to run Kodi.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
well my average rip is in x264 ... and average file size is 1.1gb ..... however the digital copies out of itunes and vudu vary in sizes...

machine is by far from low powered

OS Win 7 Pro w/ KODI
AMD Phenom II X4 3.2
8GB Ram
Radeon 7700

im basically moving to kodi, as im tired of having to retag and rename my files due to WMP continuously stripping my licenses and erasing tags
I have around 80TB and a large number of tv episodes.

In general, Kodi handles large libraries very well as long as your clients are sufficiently powered (which yours is).

Only issue is that some of the remaining bugs may impact you more and it is more difficult to trouble-shoot. For example, Emby stops scanning one tvshow when you have a duplicate episode. There are some other minor flaws and there are threads on all these. They are technically ciompletely unrelated to large libraries, but they are more annoying for you.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Large Libraries0