Req Change what search in main menu does.
I wish i could change what the search option does in the main menu to search a 3rd party addon i cant mention. I never use search but i would if i could change its function.
Zotac Zbox id41 Intel Atom d525 nm10 1.8ghz openelec
How are we supposed to implement support for something we say we don't support?
Could it be done for youtube addon?
Zotac Zbox id41 Intel Atom d525 nm10 1.8ghz openelec
I'm not sure if it is possible to include add-on results in the normal search, or even the global search add-on, but for many add-ons you can map a location as either a custom home item (wiki) or by editing the skin files directly (see skinning (wiki)). For YouTube I was able to find out a path that I could map a custom home item or keymap (wiki) to by turning on the debug log (wiki) and looking at what it said. I took a few guesses and came up with this for YouTube:

For the list of recent searches - plugin://plugin.video.youtube/kodion/search/list/
For the actual search window - plugin://plugin.video.youtube/kodion/search/input/

If you use a skin like Aeon Nox then things are really easy and I don't even have to look at any logs. You can make a custom home item, select the add-on, and then the add-on window you want to use such as the search option. Then you have a search button right there on your home screen that goes directly to YouTube search.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change what search in main menu does.0