Audio advice needed on HP Stream Mini
I have a new HP Stream mini with 6 GB Ram. It's working great for me with Kodi. The problem is the audio. Its currently fed to my TV via the HDMI cable so all I get are 2 channels. (The Stream also has a headphone jack that I'm not using.) I have the room wired for 5.1 and was previously using my receiver with RCA jacks on my previous XBMC box.

Is there a way to use my existing stereo? Some adapter/converter?

If not, is there an inexpensive receiver/amp that I can buy to replace it? Recommendations?

Thanks!
if your receiver has an optical input, then the easiest solution is a USB toslink adapter (~$20). If not, you'll need something that breaks out the HDMI audio into the 5.1 analog channels.
I played around for years with switches and adapters, and nothing ever worked quite right. I bought a cheap Yamaha AV receiver with HDMI for $200.00, and haven't had to devote any energy to sound setup since.
Nope, my receiver is older. RCA jacks only. I'm willing to replace it, but I don't know what I would need. This is the only thing I would be using it for so I don't want to spend a fortune.

I found a few USB to 5.1 3.5 mm analog on Amazon, but doesn't that require some processing power? Could the little Stream handle it?
decoding the audio stream and then D/A conversion is downright trivial. I can't speak to how well those adapters work however
I have been happy with my Denon for the last 4 years.

Here is a base 5.1 with 3 HDMI inputs and HDMI output. It isn't used, however I believe it is a 2013 model. $150

http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVR-1513-Rec...=denon+avr

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio advice needed on HP Stream Mini0