OS X 14.2/15b1 Crashes on playback - Failed to init VDA decoder
Mhhh not sure how this would happen. Would need to be some sort of deadlock. The only lock i would suspect is the critsection in the reference clock. Either that or the displaylink doesn't fire any vsync callbacks for some odd reason (though it was setup correctly based on the log).

@brian does it behave the same if you use fullscreen #1 instead of fullscreen #2? (using the DELL 2209WA instead of the Optoma)

Also i find it strange that it shows the fullhd resolutions with 60.000015Hz, 50.000015Hz and 24.000015 instead of integers...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Shocked 
(2015-05-08, 16:54)Memphiz Wrote: @brian does it behave the same if you use fullscreen #1 instead of fullscreen #2? (using the DELL 2209WA instead of the Optoma)

I just tried on the Dell display and playback worked just fine Shocked

The Optoma projector is connected through a thunderbolt-HDMI adapter, maybe something's wrong there …
"The television screen is the retina of the mind's eye. Therefore, the television screen is part of the physical structure of the brain. Therefore, whatever appears on the television screen emerges as raw experience for those who watch it. Therefore, television is reality, and reality is less than television." (Videodrome (1983), David Cronenberg)
Firmware update for the Projector by any chance?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2015-05-08, 21:45)Memphiz Wrote: Firmware update for the Projector by any chance?
It's an old model. No firmware is available on Optoma's web site. I don't think the firmware is even supposed to be updated by the user – the info on it is in the service manual …

By the way, I tried switching the connections so that the projector is connected directly to the Mini's HDMI port, but it didn't change anything.
"The television screen is the retina of the mind's eye. Therefore, the television screen is part of the physical structure of the brain. Therefore, whatever appears on the television screen emerges as raw experience for those who watch it. Therefore, television is reality, and reality is less than television." (Videodrome (1983), David Cronenberg)
base problem was something else. To have it all in one place - go here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=226944

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
14.2/15b1 Crashes on playback - Failed to init VDA decoder0