Android Compiling Kodi for Android, Help Needed
Hi

What are the correct NDK, SDK and Java versions to use to compile Kodi for Android successfully?
Following the Android Readme doesn't work and results in compile errors.

In a lot of threads it was mentioned to use older SDK's or NDK's to compile successfully.

Can someone that has recently compiled Kodi for Android look at the Android Readme and please update it so it's current and works if you follow it line by line?

What are the settings Jenkins use to compile for Android?

I compiled XBMC last year successfully for Android following the Readme but it was a bit slow and crashed often.

I can't find the development thread on Kodi forum anymore since a lot of the compiling problems people faced were posted there.
OK found it but it's outdated and no current threads.

Also in Readme it says
use java version "1.6.0_27 - That is a very old version
Android NDK Revision at least 10d - but the NDK on the Android website is version 10e
TOOLCHAIN (arm) (referenced as <android-toolchain-arm> from now on): /opt/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17 - but there is no arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla in 10e NDK.
Make sure to pick a toolchain for your desired architecture. If an error about the used system is shown - please add proper --system parameter as mentioned in the error message. - it throws an error on a 64 bit Linux system, I add the parameter they tell me to. Can someone just clarify the correct parameter for a 64-bit Linux system?

I will try to compile again on a clean Linux system when I have time, but just wanted to clarify some things so I don't spend hours again and don't get any further with compiling successfully.

Thanks
the readme is current. Thats what jenkins uses ... the system line should be "--system=linux-x86_64" - try to get ndk 10d from here https://developer.android.com/tools/sdk/ndk/index.html
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compiling Kodi for Android, Help Needed0