Kodi keeps crashing!
Hi there ... have been using Kodi for quite some time now and all was well .... but since yesterday Kodi keeps crashing. I have reinstalled a couple of times and still get the same problems. The crash message indicates that the problem is with a PVR add on (I think?) Below is part of the crash report indicating the thread that has the issue. However, if I have uninstalled and reinstalled ... why would it keep crashing with the same issue ... ?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! Smile

Crashed Thread: 26 PVRClient

Thread 26 Crashed:: PVRClient
0 Kodi_Mediaportal.pvr 0x000000011c750541 ADDON::CHelper_libXBMC_addon::Log(ADDON::addon_log, char const*, ...) + 193
1 Kodi_Mediaportal.pvr 0x000000011c75917a cPVRClientMediaPortal::Connect() + 106
2 Kodi_Mediaportal.pvr 0x000000011c752171 ADDON_Create + 353
3 org.xbmc.kodi 0x000000010092e884 ADDON::CAddonDll<DllPVRClient, PVRClient, PVR_PROPERTIES>::Create() + 196
4 org.xbmc.kodi 0x0000000100928573 PVR::CPVRClient::Create(int) + 115
5 org.xbmc.kodi 0x0000000100938d18 PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients(bool) + 2296
6 org.xbmc.kodi 0x00000001009396fd PVR::CPVRClients:Tonguerocess() + 173
7 org.xbmc.kodi 0x00000001003d0e1f CThread::Action() + 31
8 org.xbmc.kodi 0x00000001003cf9d8 CThread:ConfusedtaticThread(void*) + 184
9 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff986cb268 _pthread_body + 131
10 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff986cb1e5 _pthread_start + 176
11 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff986c941d thread_start + 13
i gurss you don't even use pvr. You need to delete guisettings.xml.

open a terminal and type

Code:
rm Library/Application\ Support/Kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Why would this cause the entire program to crash?

And what do you mean by "open terminal"? In Windows I know exactly what to do ... but I am new to Mac ....

Thanks. Smile
Terminal is an app in the Applications folder.

But you can also access guisettings.xml in the GUI : Finder > Go to > [press Alt, it will display the entry "Library" in the menu] > Library > Application Support > Kodi > userdata
(2015-05-15, 14:03)Sandra2015 Wrote: Why would this cause the entire program to crash?

And what do you mean by "open terminal"? In Windows I know exactly what to do ... but I am new to Mac ....

Thanks. Smile

Because those are addons made by third party developers and they might not be hardend enought to behave when activated without proper configuration/backend. How am i supposed to know why something crashs? ^^
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Ok the steps to remove problems pvr's and inbuilt addons from inside the OSX Kodi.app....

1. Using OSX Finder app> Applications Folder > Kodi.app > right click > Show Package Contents
2. Contents > Resources > Kodi > Addons > Move to Trash any problem pvr's etc
3. Restart Kodi.app
4. If succesful > Empty Trash

Smile

wrxtasy - while i really appreciate your endless hours of support you are doing here - please don't only recommend those hardcore hammer methods. At one point the user might wanna use pvr addons and your suggestions just alters our app bundle with a big fat hammer. Deleting the guisettings.xml (not the whole user folder btw) resets/disables those addons aswell and should be enough to do.
Howdy folks. I had and loved xbmc when i had it. Had to load new os and lost it. I can dl kodi's latest 14.2, but after it launches or tries to launch it shuts down. I posted the log on pastebin, http://pastebin.com/Xf04918G. So if anyone can help please do so, having withdrawals here.

http://pastebin.com/Xf04918G
open terminal.app
enter
Code:
rm Library/Application\ Support/Kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml

and don't enable pvr addons without knowing how to set pvr up in the first place
Hope that works. Have no clue what you're talking of cuz me no speak code. All i did was download n install n launch. When i get back on mac I'll try that code. Total noob here. N last install wasn't done by me. Have no idea how he set it up. Fingers crossed
Yayyyyyy. Now to figure out where live US tv was at n how to addon. Thannnnnnkk Youuu
NodNodNodThe terminal trick worked, many thx!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi keeps crashing!0