kodi 14.1 won't open in M8 andriod box
Guys I have the same Problem here,,, I upgraded from XBMC 14.0 to Kodi 14.2 now the App wont open... it goes through the First Page stat up where it says Preparing for First time User and then it shuts off when it finishes loading the bar.... ANY SUGGESTIONS AS OF WHAT IS GOING ON ... (Using Android M8 Box )
(2015-05-27, 07:06)pcruz321 Wrote: Guys I have the same Problem here,,, I upgraded from XBMC 14.0 to Kodi 14.2 now the App wont open... it goes through the First Page stat up where it says Preparing for First time User and then it shuts off when it finishes loading the bar.... ANY SUGGESTIONS AS OF WHAT IS GOING ON ... (Using Android M8 Box )

Look for firmware update
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-05-27, 07:07)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-05-27, 07:06)pcruz321 Wrote: Guys I have the same Problem here,,, I upgraded from XBMC 14.0 to Kodi 14.2 now the App wont open... it goes through the First Page stat up where it says Preparing for First time User and then it shuts off when it finishes loading the bar.... ANY SUGGESTIONS AS OF WHAT IS GOING ON ... (Using Android M8 Box )

Look for firmware update

I looked for a firmware update but only came across an update that came with the browser and play store, my box already has these from out of the box
Martijn, Ned is right.
We don't try to bypass firmware issues anymore by not tempering with permissions ourselves, but that doesn't remove the issue.

However, IIRC, if permissions are not right, we just bypass amlcodec and go to MediaCodec, which will work fine for most users.

Oh, and we log permission issues, now.
ok thanks for clearing that up.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Aahh Koying, I was about to break out the popcorn and sit back and enjoy the argument.

Yes I can confirm v15.0 Isengard still asks for some permissions from the SuperSu app on startup with a AMlogic S805. The new SPMC / Isengard beta is the same.

I will repeat try installing SuperSu if you can to get Kodi started.

(2015-05-27, 11:12)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes I can confirm v15.0 Isengard still asks for some permissions from the SuperSu app on startup with a AMlogic S805.
Mmm... Not since Feb 2015. What permissions are asked?
Just retested Koying and yes I stand corrected SPMC 15.0 beta2 now does not ask for 666 permssions like v14.2.0 did before.
Isengard is the same which is good news for AMlogic device owners having problems going forward.

Nice Work. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi 14.1 won't open in M8 andriod box0