Installing Kodi on Raspberry Pi
Quick question: my microSD card did not come with an adapter... is there any way to install Kodi on a Raspberry Pi with the Pi directly attached to a Windows laptop?
Why do you need an adapter?
The Raspberry Pi has used MicroSD cards for almost a year now, started with the B+ and is now what is used on the Pi2.
Did you get an old Pi?
Bo Berglund
Sweden
I would guess he needs the adapter to put the micro-SD card into the laptop to be able to write the image onto it, so it can then be plugged into the Pi?

Personally I don't know of any way to do it directly via USB, but you can pick up the adapters quite cheaply (I've seen them in the pound shop here in the UK, or via Amazon).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Right Darren, not for the Pi itself but to load the image onto it to run the Pi. It's just a pain to now have to go and get an adapter so if there is a work around...I thought via ethernet perhaps?...
USB sdcard adapters are cheap. You can get them in pound shops in UK.
You may be able to use a phone, a camera or a printer if it takes an sdcard and behaves as a mass storage device.
Thanks, ordered one on amazon for 2 bucks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing Kodi on Raspberry Pi0