Android When using amcodec videos only 1/4 of screen
If i enable the libstagefright its fine but then several HD videos won't play. However when i click on amcodec they play fine but then they only play the top left 1/4 of the screen/ Its not like when you hit the / key this is actually if you divide the TV into 4 its actually right at 1/4of the screen.

Weird i never seen it on other am logic boxes
This is one i got its a mobie Gala with the s805 and the mail 450

What is causing this?
Is your device rooted ?

I recommend SuperSu if you are using Kodi Helix or SPMC to give correct permission to all Kodi operations.

Kodi Isengard fixes all these permission issues.
Install XBMC Updater if possible to provide easy Kodi install / updates going forward.

or install 15.0 which doesn't need root anymore
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I believe v15 doesn't actually "fix" anything. Rather, it just stops manually setting permissions, because that is something that isn't Kodi's responsibility to fix. If permissions is the issue here then those will still need to be corrected.

In other words, it's an Android/"firmware" issue.
No not rooted
So no way to fix this 1/4 screen issue
Have you tried Kodi Isengard - you've really given us little detail ?
Just install it and test.

No I never use betas as they usually break something I have no issues using this on a dozen other boxes
1/4 of the screen with amcodec = Rubbish !
HD issues without = Hmmmm

Its either rooted firmware + SuperSu + SPMC or Isengard Alphas/Betas unfortunately.
My ODROID-C1 / S805 has very similar Android issues, but I luckily have rooted firmware.

Damn annoying.

So it's the box? Yea tried spmc and its like super zoomed in way weird. Just DL 15 to try
Tried 15 and still does the same thing how do I fix this
Do you have a link that shows which kind it is? If it's an S805 then it should be pretty easy to figure out, but I want to see the exact box since different firmware is sometimes needed for different parts (different wifi drivers, for example).
http://www.androidtvboxesuk.co.uk/mobie-...-348-p.asp
Although on this link and the outside cover for my box have Different GPU
mine says the mali 450 but says its a quad core.

specs on the outter box say
amlogic s805 quad core
quad core mali 450
1Gb DDR3

That is the box
Double checked with cpu z I have the specs I mentioned above. Seems they make 2 versions of this box 1 with the Mali gpu 1 with the power gpu
Have you tried rooting this device and installing SuperSU ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
When using amcodec videos only 1/4 of screen0