Android When using amcodec videos only 1/4 of screen
It says it's rooted in cpu z but supersu won't install the whatever it asks for at start it just tries then says reboot try again
What would supersu do for having 1/4 of the screen
From what I understand, the wrong permissions set (which supersu should try to fix, because v14 will request the correction) will cause these kinds of issues, rather than being an all-or-nothing for hardware decoding. So it playsback videos, but without all of the correct parameters. Fixing permissions should correct that.
How do I do that? Supersu won't install whatever it requires to download on the first run
I'm honestly not sure. I only have three Amlogic devices that I've used over the years, and they didn't need permission fixes. Sites like freaktab will often have better firmware that already fixes the issue from the start, and I've done that for at least three different Android devices before (one of them was an Amlogic S805).
The Android 4.4.2 distro on my ODROID-C1 (S805 as well) comes rooted with Superuser preinstalled. If I want to run SPMC however I had to D/L SuperSU. This then requests root access from Superuser to run correctly. (Bloody confusing I know)

To complicate matters Kodi or SPMC then requests root permissions from SuperSu for the following files on startup:
chmod 666 /dev/am*
chmod 666 /sys/class/video/axis
chmod 666 /sys/class/video/screen_mode
chmod 666 /sys/class/video/disable_video
chmod 666 /sys/class/tsync/pts_pcrscr
chmod 666 /sys/class/audiodsp/digital_raw

I also have to chmod 666 /sys/class/display/mode to enable dynamic refresh rate switching with both SPMC and Kodi Isengard.

Previously I was having major HDMI Audio glitch issues, running the GUI at 50Hz and above on my ODROID-C1. Just yesterday a test Kernel was released that fixed this annoying issue. I would now consider for $35, this device a bargain.

@ilovemymac, have you considered returning this device to your place of purchase for a refund. Tell them you need rooted firware to run Kodi ?
I'm no Android expert but unfortunately your device seems far too closed and locked down tight to fix problems easily going forward.

Apps keep saying its rooted so I'm confused and I know supersu won't run on a box that is not rooted.
As a test, open up a Terminal app in Android such as Terminal Emulator and issue:

su

and see if it asks for root access permission from SuperSu?

similar issue on Sumvision Cyclone X4 (s805) rooted, with SuperSU.

Kodi 15 beta1, doesn't request root.

seems to be a res detection issue, as the display is 1080p and kodi thinks its 720p and displays video in a corner. pulling the zoom slider manually fixes things.
at 720p system res, it's fine.

have never run earlier Kodi versions, not sure if that might fix things?

edit: also, the res and fullscreen/windowed settings are greyed out in kodi - why?

edit2: might be an issue with the box? http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=175082
Just wanted to report my experience on this.
On Kodi 15.2 the problem of screen zooming persists on AV output (but not HDMI) even after issuing correct permissions and setting the display mode. Seems to be a long standing persistent bug with the amcodec. Libstagefight remains buggy as well.

Stephen

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
When using amcodec videos only 1/4 of screen0