Launching Kodi via Ikono TV / Llama (Fire TV)
(2015-06-11, 03:16)rodalpho Wrote: No thanks. I'll just throw out the firetv and go on my merry way.

That'll teach 'em ;-) especially considering they already have your money!
I'm not trying to make a political statement, I just want my media player to work right. AndroidTV devices do, amazon's doesn't.
(2015-06-10, 11:59)FireInMyHole Wrote:
(2015-06-10, 07:53)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-06-10, 03:33)marv01 Wrote: what happened to kodi in the apps on amazon.com?

Amazon never contacted us back when we asked why we were rejected for Fire TV comparability.

It's true: Kodi has disappeared from Amazon. Oddly, SPMC is still there.

What happens next?

In slightly good news, if you've previously purchased Kodi, the icon will still be reinstated when you log in and out of your account. But no such luck if it's your first install.

Here's a way to launch Kodi, at startup, or with the Home Button (single or double press) that doesn't require rooting. I would recommend it over Llama.

https://github.com/sphinx02/FireStarter

This worked perfect for me! I was having problems like all other users stated.
Hello all so its march 2016 and fire starter sucks and llamma isn't working so does anyone know a real solution to having the kodi app on the screen and don't say go to apps iam on 5.0.5 thanks
(2016-03-21, 19:05)RIJOSROBERTO Wrote: Hello all so its march 2016 and fire starter sucks and llamma isn't working so does anyone know a real solution to having the kodi app on the screen and don't say go to apps iam on 5.0.5 thanks

If you don't like FireStarter you're out of luck when it comes to Amazon Fire products.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2016-03-21, 19:05)RIJOSROBERTO Wrote: Hello all so its march 2016 and fire starter sucks and llamma isn't working so does anyone know a real solution to having the kodi app on the screen and don't say go to apps iam on 5.0.5 thanks

Just start Kodi from your Apps section in AFTV Home screen. You don't even need to use FireStarter anymore. I still use it though. It works perfect for me.
(2016-03-22, 22:31)baruchin Wrote:

Just start Kodi from your Apps section in AFTV Home screen. You don't even need to use FireStarter anymore. I still use it though. It works perfect for me.

This method does not work after the latest update
(2016-03-22, 22:46)madmax666 Wrote:
(2016-03-22, 22:31)baruchin Wrote:

Ikono tv and Llama method doesn't work anymore, but now, you don't need anything. Your side loaded apps appear on your Apps Home screen section, not the recent apps section on the very top of home menu, but Apps section below.
(2016-03-22, 22:50)baruchin Wrote:
(2016-03-22, 22:46)madmax666 Wrote:
(2016-03-22, 22:31)baruchin Wrote: Just start Kodi from your Apps section in AFTV Home screen. You don't even need to use FireStarter anymore. I still use it though. It works perfect for me.

Ikono tv and Llama method doesn't work anymore, but now, you don't need anything. Your side loaded apps appear on your Apps Home screen section, not the recent apps section on the very top of home menu, but Apps section below.

thanks for that first i knew as i always used firestarter after the Llama/Ikono tv way filed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Launching Kodi via Ikono TV / Llama (Fire TV)0