Kodibuntu and Intel NUC NUC5i5RYH
hello people

want to ask if the kodibuntu 14.04 work perfect with Intel NUC NUC5i5RYH ?

i heard the graphics some issues (the graphics in the NUC are too new for Ubuntu 14 ) as the Intel NUC NUC5i5RYH comes with Intel HD Graphics 6000

shall i do apt-get update and upgrade will this fix the problem ? my device will arrive soon

i want to install kodibuntu cuz i can access the desktop and copy and move folders into kodi folder and it is much better then openelec , what you think guys

this deice will be my media center and will run only kodi on it
I recently got my NUC5i5RYH and installed Linux Mint 17.1 on it, which corresponds to Ubuntu 14.04.

In order to get the graphics running properly I had to install the new Linux kernel 4.0, following instructions I found with some googleing.

As a media center the NUC5i5RYH will be a bit of an overkill, depending on what you want to do with it. In any case it should run Kodi without any issues. Mine does.
thanks bro

what you mean it will be bit overkill Tongue you mean it is powerful or got some problem

im going to install kodibuntu from kodi websites , so if i did apt-get update and apt-get upgrade will it update my kernel ?
With overkill I mean very powerful for media center / Kodi only purposes.

I do not know the exact details for the kernel update of kodibuntu. I think "apt-get update and apt-get upgrade" will not be sufficient. Try to google it.

In my case I followed this Re: Intel NUC NUC5i5RYH

The post mentions
Quote:The trick was to put the disk into another machine with older Intel graphics

In my case I had an existing Linux Mint 17.1 installation on an external USB hard disk. I booted my other NUC D34010WYK with this Linux Mint 17.1 installation, updated the kernel as per the instruction of the post, and then booted the new NUC NUC5i5 from this kernel updated Linux Mint 17.1 installation.

Subsequently I transferred that kernel updated Linux Mint 17.1 installation to the internal SSD of the new NUC NUC5i5.

It took a few steps and time. But now it is working very well.
thanks

so whats the diff between kodibuntu and the ubuntu ? if i install kodi on the latest ubuntu ver everything will be ok or the kodiubuntu comes with also pre configuration etc ?
Youtube Video: General performance of Kubuntu 15.04 on an Intel NUC5i5RYK
thanks

im still want to know the diff between the kodibuntu ver vs ubuntu 15.05 with kodi , will it be same or the kodibuntu comes with pre configuration thing ? if i installed the ubuntu 15.05 and installed kodi on it will everything will be set up or i need to install some extra packages
Kodibuntu is a light weight OS install thats designed for running kodi, but you are still able to install all the software that is available on ubuntu installs. You wont get stuff like word processors, dvd burning software or a compositor that will mess with kodi, but you can install it if you want. If youre mainly going to be using kodi Id recommend kodibuntu

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodibuntu and Intel NUC NUC5i5RYH0