Solved TMM updates .NFO every time I update datasources?
Amazing program first off. I have been using this since it was released.

Background - I have 2 datasources with movies on SMB shares - these shares are backed by Greyhole for storage pooling.
Previous versions of TMM worked great with this as long as I gave greyhole a few minutes to perform writes after scraping before renaming.

Now, with the most recent update (2.6.7 r2013) I am seeing TMM touch or write every single NFO on my data sources whenever I do a scan. I understand TMM needs to read the NFO's to see whether or not the file still exists, but I don't see why it should be updating the file without me performing an action (scrape/rename/etc).

In my case, the side-effects are more severe or noticeable because my storage pool sees all the updates and proceeds to re-write every single NFO which takes a half-hour or so for my library of 1900 movies.

Is this an intended process, and if so, is there a way to turn it off?

Thanks!
there was a problem until 2.6.6 where sometimes the nfo has not been updated, so I've changed the writing of the NFO whenever we update the movie (or tv show / episode) in our internal database.
That is obviously too often - I will rework that for 2.6.8

thanks for reporting
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Thank you for the reply! I really appreciate all the work on this!
Just updated to 2.6.8 and it seems like it is still doing it. I can't tell what is changing, only that a write or re-write of every .nfo file is happening.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMM updates .NFO every time I update datasources?0