• 45(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
I got the shield now for like 3 weeks or so and am really happy so far.

However, today I tried to play some streams and it doesn't work on the shield TV. From Kodi on my PC it works. I can also play it back with VLC and the media info says it is encoded as H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (h264). Resolution is 1280x738. Audio is MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a). It is a .m3u8 file. It doesn't play at all, no video and no audio.

Is that related to some codec being incompatible? h264 is available afaik on the shield. Can I somehow get it to work on the shield?

Thx in advance!

(Edit: I just tried to open the m3u file from ES File Explorer with Kodi and it played back the first stream from the m3u file, very strange)
(2015-11-22, 11:17)Koying Wrote: Heh... Schedule conflict. Nvidia implemented HD audio at the same time we decided on a major rewrite of our player, which will come in 17...
Darn. I'm a little disappointed to hear this. Sad

It sounds like the earliest this will be available is sometime early 2016?
(2015-11-23, 14:53)SofaKng Wrote: It sounds like the earliest this will be available is sometime early 2016?

Fair estimatation. Christmas holidays help FLOSS coding...
Thanks for all of your hard work Koying.

How well does using an external player (i.e. MX Player) work with Kodi? I believe it supports bitstreaming.
(2015-11-23, 17:16)SofaKng Wrote: How well does using an external player (i.e. MX Player) work with Kodi? I believe it supports bitstreaming.
For local media it works fine.
I tried smb and nfs with no luck. It seems that the player apps I tested don't supports smb or nfs natively.
When using ESFileExplorer or Total Commander, they probably start a streaming (http) server, so the apps can use that.
Thanks for the information. Maybe we can all chip in on a case of beer for Koying to help his work along... Smile
I have a simple question with Kodi and Shield TV. I am a newbie with Nvidia Shield TV (please don't troll me).
I have succeeded in adding some new video sources.
But I have not found how to remove video sources. I find some videos on internet but none seems to work with my version.
Especially, in some videos I can see a popup with a option to remove a source but I have found no way to display this popup.

How can you do it ?

Thanks in advance
You need to use the contextmenue of the video source. On Android TV you can get it by long pressing the OK button
Hello,
Do you know if there is a difference between official 15.2 kodi release and kodi 16 beta 2 concerning picture quality ?
I would like to thanks kodi developers for the hard work and I'm waiting for kodi 17 for HD sound support Wink
regards
With Harmony remote and Kodi 16, context menu comes up with long-press of 'OK' button, but how do you bring up the overlay when video is playing?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Simple "OK"? https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...d.xml#L322
hello, it doesn't work with shield remote.

when I select a source and long press, it is blinking between the current screen and the next screen.

I tried from the video and system > File manager
is there another way or a trick ?
(2015-11-24, 17:18)arkandi Wrote: is there another way or a trick ?

Yes. Install Jarvis Beta, as I assume you are using Isengard, which does not have longpress support.
(2015-11-13, 07:37)Vidman Wrote:
(2015-11-13, 05:09)scottgoodman Wrote: All. Looking for help.

Running a Shield tv with 15.2 kodi and connected to a Marantz SR6007 receiver.

No matter what I do, I can't play any ac3 or dts movies. All I get is static. Picture is fine. Pass through enabled, dd and dts capable selected.

When I play the same file in the Google movies player, I have no problems at all, so the issue lies with Kodi and not my receiver.

Help! Thx!

I get this if my shield volume is not set to 100% full volume

I have the exact same problem and nothing seems to fix it.

I've got a Denon receiver which I know is basically a rebadged Marantz (or vice versa) so just wondering if it's a receiver specific problem.

Anyone any ideas please??
Set volume to 100% and wait till kodi 17
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6