• 71(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
(2016-01-10, 13:06)fredphoesh Wrote: I wonder also if KodI does not like it if a username is an email address. I will create another user called Kodi and see if that works any better.

WOO HOOOOOO
I have discovered a bug here... I created a user called kodi with a very simple password, and that works perfectly, easily, and i tried on two PC's and it worked first time... so I am convinced that the problem is that Kodi has a problem with the @ sign in the username, which is default for windows these days...
(2016-01-10, 13:35)fredphoesh Wrote:
(2016-01-10, 13:06)fredphoesh Wrote: I wonder also if KodI does not like it if a username is an email address. I will create another user called Kodi and see if that works any better.

WOO HOOOOOO
I have discovered a bug here... I created a user called kodi with a very simple password, and that works perfectly, easily, and i tried on two PC's and it worked first time... so I am convinced that the problem is that Kodi has a problem with the @ sign in the username, which is default for windows these days...

If you're using "Microsoft" login on your PC as username, the real username isn't your email address, rather your first name, If I recall correctly. You should use the first name when connecting (you can also see it in C:\Users to be sure).

Edit:
Yup, http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231308
(2016-01-10, 13:35)fredphoesh Wrote:

WOO HOOOOOO

No it's not the default, it's just how Microsoft get you to login to there servers... It's used for Cortana as well as some of there tracking. You will have still had a pc username.
(2016-01-10, 13:44)Rathoz Wrote: If you're using "Microsoft" login on your PC as username, the real username isn't your email address, rather your first name,

I have never tried that, it is very very hard to create a New User WITHOUT using either an email address or a phone number.

(2016-01-10, 13:46)ziggy73701 Wrote: No it's not the default, it's just how Microsoft get you to login to there servers... It's used for Cortana as well as some of there tracking. You will have still had a pc username.

If you have windows 10, it is definitely the default. Try create a new user account. You will be asked to enter an email address OR phone number... there are NO other user names available as an option. you have to go to another two levels to find the tiny text at the bottom saying "add account WITHOUT microsoft account"... Pretty annoying microsoft has done this, but that is the way it is now on win10.

Using mark instead of my gmail address as username seems to work fine now... So the fact remains, my email address SHOULD work with kodi, as it does in ES File explorer or any other networking scenario except kodi on android.

Thanks for the input, that helped...
Hi all

I'm hoping that someone might be able to help me with my problem. I have just got a shield for Xmas, and the main thing i use it for is Kodi. Now i have to admit i am not very techy and i have sat and read through this thread to see if i can find the answer. Unfortunately about 90% of what has been said has gone over my head so i apologise if this has already been answered.

My setup is a shield, using the ethernet cable and i am in the UK and have approx 100mb broadband. Its connected to a 5 year old Panasonic Plasma TV.

Now when i watch stuff through Kodi i am having great trouble understanding what settings i should use to avoid juddering. I currently have adjust display refresh rate set to always, (do i need to set some sort of pause time here? im not sure what that means but it gives me the option of 0 - 20 seconds) and sync playback to display set to on.

When i play a movie etc if its an 1080p / 24gz then it plays great, no judder at all and everything is great.

However if the movies is played in 50gh or 60 ghz then it can be very hit and miss! Now i understand totally it can be sometimes the feed however on a T8 android bix they tend to play great no matter what.

My biggest gripe is that on most of the films i only get a judder etc every say 20 seconds! ..like i say im sure this has been answered and there is probable nothing i can do but if anyone can help me that would be great.

Oh and also what does the "Video -> Acceleration: Use HQ scaling when scaling above" setting do? do i need to use this at all to improve things?

Thanks all
Does the shield correctly change the refreshrate to the material if you play 50 or 60Hz media? ATM, at least for me, there is no known issue with these kind of framerates. I only had problems with 25 Fps on a 50Hz screen.
Kodi 15.2 @ Android TV (Nvidia Shield)
PVR Backend: DVBLink/ DVBLogic with DigitalDevices 2xDVB-S & 2xDVB-C,CI DeltaCamTwin @ UM02 & HD02
Media Backend: EMBY
The Shield has problems when playing 25fps content.
Most of the times, the problem can be solved by forcing 25Hz for 25fps content instead of 50Hz.
But your TV probably does not support 25Hz. I had a 4 year old Panasonic Plasma (VT50) which did not support 25Hz. My new Panasonic LCD does support it.

You can try forcing 60Hz for 25p. This fixed my 25p judder problem while (of cause) introducing the 2:3 (or whatever it is for 25p Wink) pull down judder problem. But that was much less dominant than the 50Hz judder.

(2015-12-30, 18:50)wweich Wrote: The stuttering with 25fps videos can be corrected by using 25Hz instead of 50Hz most of the times, if your TV supports it.
If your TV does not support it, you will probably have less stuttering when using 60Hz for 25fps than 50Hz for now.
The change in Hz can be done in the advancedsettings.xml.

25Hz for 25fps:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <adjustrefreshrate>
      <override>
        <fpsmin>24.99</fpsmin>
        <fpsmax>25.01</fpsmax>
        <refreshmin>24.99</refreshmin>
        <refreshmax>25.01</refreshmax>
      </override>
    </adjustrefreshrate>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

60Hz for 25fps, same as above, but:
Code:
        <refreshmin>59.99</refreshmin>
        <refreshmax>60.01</refreshmax>

You can create the advancedsettings.xml on your PC and copy it (via USB Stick or however you want) to the userdate folder on the storage of your shield. It normally is at
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata
So just so I'm getting this right.. If I copy the above say on notepad on my pc and I copy them both into the folder you suggested it might help?
(2016-01-15, 16:20)datranquil Wrote: Does the shield correctly change the refreshrate to the material if you play 50 or 60Hz media? ATM, at least for me, there is no known issue with these kind of framerates. I only had problems with 25 Fps on a 50Hz screen.

I'm not sure I notice sometimes when I play things it changes settings
How do you force it to play in 60hz?
What do you mean with "both". You either set it to use 25Hz for 25fps or to use 60Hz for 25fps.

Before you do the work you can try something else.
You can install the App TVHZ on the shield. If 25Hz is listed as an option inside this app, the first code block should do the trick.
If not, you can disable the "adjust display refresh rate" setting, make sure that the shield is using 60Hz and then try a 25fps video. If this plays smoother than before, you can use the second one.
(2016-01-15, 16:33)chrisnewton Wrote: How do you force it to play in 60hz?

Just disable the "change refresh rate setting" and everything will be in 60Hz (if it is set in the shield settings)
(2016-01-15, 16:35)wweich Wrote: What do you mean with "both". You either set it to use 25Hz for 25fps or to use 60Hz for 25fps.

Before you do the work you can try something else.
You can install the App TVHZ on the shield. If 25Hz is listed as an option inside this app, the first code block should do the trick.
If not, you can disable the "adjust display refresh rate" setting, make sure that the shield is using 60Hz and then try a 25fps video. If this plays smoother than before, you can use the second one.

Appreciate the help here.. I have that app and I have opened it up and it says

Force refresh 60 hz
Force 50hz
Force 24 hz
Force 60 hz
Force 24 hz

So I'm guessing I'm using the 2nd one?

How will I know I have selected a 25fps video? What will it show as?
You can check the fps on your PC with VLC (Ctrl + J) or play it in Kodi and hit O (I think) on your keyboard, or the context-menu button in Yatse to show the file info at the top.
Most movies and american tv shows are in 23.976fps while most european tv shows are in 25fps.
So if I copy that 2nd code and put it into the folder do I need to do anything else?
  • 71(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6