• 70(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
Guys, suddenly today i noticed my movies were not displaying at 24hz.

Maybe its been like this for a while. But when i pressed i on my samsung remote, it says 1920x1080@60hz.

This happened one time before. Then it worked when i changed HDMI cables, which seems weird.

I have the same settings as i always have.
Adjust display refresh rate to match video is enabled, with 0.5 second pause.

But i recently updated to jarvis, dunno if that ruined something. Havnt watched that many movies lately so it could be that it has been like this for a while
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
Just reboot the shield with your TV on.
(2016-01-06, 18:23)henrikyo Wrote: Guys, suddenly today i noticed my movies were not displaying at 24hz.

Maybe its been like this for a while. But when i pressed i on my samsung remote, it says 1920x1080@60hz.

This happened one time before. Then it worked when i changed HDMI cables, which seems weird.

I have the same settings as i always have.
Adjust display refresh rate to match video is enabled, with 0.5 second pause.

But i recently updated to jarvis, dunno if that ruined something. Havnt watched that many movies lately so it could be that it has been like this for a while

Nah, it's the shield hdmi handshake issue. reported all over nvidia forums
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
anyone has problems playing wmv ?

i have latest ota and kodi 15.2 (play store) and can play any wmv files ..... the screen goes black when i try to play them...
Hello all,just a quick question regarding Jarvis and GIFS as backgrounds on the Shield.Has anyone got GIFS working?

I've tried everything and have had no joy whatsoever. GIFS work fine for me in Kodi (Jarvis) on Windows,OpenELEC,ios, etc,etc.

But for the life of me can't get them running on the shield.It seems as if newer SoC Android devices,have changed how Kodi plays back files or maybe the default player core has changed.

I'm seeing the same issue on the Minix U1 too,no GIFS working in Kodi.Even when I view them in the File Manager they are showing as

static images,the labels are correct and the gifs are small enough to be used.I'm also wondering is Kodi maybe clipping the GIFS and this is causing them to not be displayed correctly.

Hopefully someone can help me out here,as it's driving me nutz..Thanks in advance.
(2016-01-06, 09:14)Dropbear67 Wrote: Well for some reason, with nothing changing, 16 beta 4 has stopped working with smb shares today. It just sits there with the Working circle. I've checked with other clients and smb is fine.

I have a fixed ip addy from my router

Just for anyone else that might experience this- the issue seemed to be that I had set the "update library on startup" option, and this seems to be chew up too many resources for the SMB networking to operate correctly.
(2016-01-06, 19:33)kics Wrote: anyone has problems playing wmv ?

i have latest ota and kodi 15.2 (play store) and can play any wmv files ..... the screen goes black when i try to play them...

anyone ?
(2016-01-09, 00:53)kics Wrote:
(2016-01-06, 19:33)kics Wrote: anyone has problems playing wmv ?

anyone ?

Try posting a debug log
Try latest beta. WMV should work there.
Hi Koying,I'm wondering could you help me or point me in the right direction.If you read my post above HERE and see the

issue I'm having with GIFS in any of the Jarvis beta's.I've since found in my log it's the libgif.so is either missing or lost it's path.....it's unable to load it.Would this need to be compiled?Thanks
Hi guys
In Kodi, when I try to Add Files by adding a SMB network, I see WORKGROUP, but when I click on that, I only get my Linux Satellite box, but no PC's.
When I try to add a network location manually by inputting
SMB://192.168.1.108
user - my windows login email address
pass - my windows login password

It does not accept that.

BUT
ES File explorer has no problem at all browsing any of my PC's on the same Shield Android TV box... so it is not the network, and not the box itself, but it seems to have something to do with Kodi.

Any ideas??

tx
Mark.
Hello.

Can someone tell me if there is a way to make Kodi output the dolby atmos bitstream to my receiver? I know my ps4 can do it (my receiver shows Dolby Atmos correctly as input) when I activate the passthough option. I've tried the same on Kodi on my Nvidia Shield and it does not work!

(I am sorry if this is not the right thread to post this question)

Thanks
Gilson
(2016-01-09, 14:30)fredphoesh Wrote: Hi guys
In Kodi, when I try to Add Files by adding a SMB network, I see WORKGROUP, but when I click on that, I only get my Linux Satellite box, but no PC's.
When I try to add a network location manually by inputting
SMB://192.168.1.108
user - my windows login email address
pass - my windows login password

It does not accept that.

BUT
ES File explorer has no problem at all browsing any of my PC's on the same Shield Android TV box... so it is not the network, and not the box itself, but it seems to have something to do with Kodi.

Any ideas??

tx
Mark.

Have you tried manually adding it as: smb://username:password@computername_or_ipaddress/sharename/path
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2016-01-10, 01:17)gilsonsjc Wrote: Hello.

Can someone tell me if there is a way to make Kodi output the dolby atmos bitstream to my receiver? I know my ps4 can do it (my receiver shows Dolby Atmos correctly as input) when I activate the passthough option. I've tried the same on Kodi on my Nvidia Shield and it does not work!

(I am sorry if this is not the right thread to post this question)

Thanks
Gilson

Have a look here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252852
(2016-01-10, 01:40)Tinwarble Wrote: Have you tried manually adding it as: [i]smb://username:password@computername_or_ipaddress/sharename/path

Hi
Thanks, I have a line formatted like that in my passwords.xml file, EDIT
I have just tried it and it does not work, I get timed out message...
I have this same situation on all four android devices in my house, and all can access the network using ES File explorer. There is something dodgy about the way Kodi handles SMB it seems.

I wonder also if KodI does not like it if a username is an email address. I will create another user called Kodi and see if that works any better.
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6