Is anyone running a MythTV 0.28 backend?
Is anyone running 0.28? Is it worth it jumping to that version (despite the beta label) just to get commercial skipping back? It's such a marquee feature for my wife and I that I'm thinking about risking the bugs for it. What do you guys think?
I am running 0.28, but as you indicate it is pre-release and does sometimes break, not often.

The main issues with running 0.28pre is that you cannot go back to 0.27 (internal database structures are different) and that there is ongoing development.

There are times when the pvr.mythtv addon needs updating due to protocol changes in 0.28pre, this takes time and you could end up with Kodi not working with the 0.28 backend for a period, which depending on the devices running Kodi as the frontend could be several weeks or more.

Currently android builds for Kodi 15 (again this is in development) do not work with current 0.28pre, update to latest protocol is needed for https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.mythtv.

In short, stay with 0.27 it is stable, unless you can handle all that goes with running pre-release software.

Mike
Thanks for the level-headed advice!

I suppose I'll just have to wait until 0.28 is fully baked before I go for it. I hope it happens fairly soon because commercial skipping is the killer feature that brought me to MythTV/Kodi and keeps me here. I guess that's a lie... I'll never go back to a proprietary DVR, but still... It's the only thing that's keeping me from installing it at my Dad's house.
Commercial skipping is gone in .27? I never noticed. I ended up using ComSkip instead of the built in commercial skip.
|Kodi: Nvidia Shield 2019|Media Server: Unraid 40TB|TV Tuner: HDHR Prime|Server Apps: TVHeadend w/ Cablecard (FIOS), Plex (Kodi backend), Radarr, Sonarr
Kojacked - Are you certain MyhtTV backend 0.27 does not support Commercial Skip? I ask because it has been a feature since prior versions. Kodi's MythTV PVR Frontend earlier versions did not support Commercial Skipping and believe that is what you are referring to.

Thanks
(2015-05-29, 22:34)Kojacked Wrote: Is anyone running 0.28? Is it worth it jumping to that version (despite the beta label) just to get commercial skipping back? It's such a marquee feature for my wife and I that I'm thinking about risking the bugs for it. What do you guys think?

I'm running 0.27 and commercial skip was working with Gotham, and I just upgraded to Helix and watched something last night and it was skipping... on that particular show it wasn't skipping at the correct locations, but it did skip.
I have been running 0.28 for over a year. I locked down the packages on my Ubuntu server six months ago when everything was working and never had a single issue since then. Before that I probably had 3 breaks due to protocol or api changes

I can't remember what reason I upgraded being so long ago but I am very pleased with 0.28. As is my 5 year old son who has kodi 14.2 on his laptop with pvr client.

In fact 90% of the shows recorded are his :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is anyone running a MythTV 0.28 backend?0