Could not connect to network server
Hi, I am just new to Kodi and trying to install for the first time. When i try to the add ons in the file manager I am getting the message "remote share could not connect to network server" I tried turning off my firewall but it did not help. I am running Windows Vista. Also I am running hardwired with fibreop internet.

Is there be something in one of my settings that would would let Kodi connect to the server? Any help I would be grateful as I'm very new to this and not sure what that message could mean.

Thanks
What server are you trying to connect to?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I was following a step by step on You Tube but the step by step didn't mention I had to connect to a certain server.
(2015-05-30, 02:17)Sanford Wrote: I was following a step by step on You Tube but the step by step didn't mention I had to connect to a certain server.

Is your media stored on the server you want to connect to?
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Thanks, I have nothing stored, just trying to understand how this works, I thought if I downloaded Kodi I connect to the Kodi server sort of like running a Roku or Apple TV.

I am going to read some more to see if I can get a better understanding of how this works. thanks
Kodi works to play media you own on the computer you installed it on, or some other computer you have access to.

If you think it is some route to free copies of movies in breach of copyright, you are mistaken.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-05-30, 13:12)Sanford Wrote: Thanks, I have nothing stored, just trying to understand how this works, I thought if I downloaded Kodi I connect to the Kodi server sort of like running a Roku or Apple TV.

I am going to read some more to see if I can get a better understanding of how this works. thanks

Kodi provides no media whatsoever.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2015-05-30, 13:12)Sanford Wrote: Thanks, I have nothing stored, just trying to understand how this works, I thought if I downloaded Kodi I connect to the Kodi server sort of like running a Roku or Apple TV.
Kodi is not a content provider nor a producer : it's a software for managing and playing multimedia files (like Windows Media Player/Media Center). The best and sexiest around.

However, Kodi also has one of AppleTV functionalities : there are apps that you can install (from within Kodi) for letting you access content providers/producers like Youtube, CBS, TV5, NY Times, Engineering TV, CNET Podcasts, Apple iTunes Podcasts and trailers, Al Jazeera, Danish TV, etc. (even NASA's ISS live streams from Earth's orbit, 24hrs/24 !)...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Could not connect to network server0