• 9(current)
Release Netflix style next up notification
(2015-06-10, 17:06)im85288 Wrote:
(2015-06-10, 16:50)raptorjr Wrote:
(2015-06-10, 13:43)im85288 Wrote: It's not something I will be adding as it complicates things too much. Individual skins can of course add those settings for the custom windows or possibly people using subtitles can adjust the notification time if it's blocking useful information. The default will be much smaller though and located at the bottom right (and also defaulted to working on 1080i skins, rather than the 720p format it has now) so it should be more widely accepted.

But if it was possible to show the notification after the last subtitle this would not be a problem Wink

Indeed, it would also be cool to be able to show it when the credits started...however it is not Confused

I guess to find when the credits start would take much more work than to compare the timestamp of the last subtitle and current position in the episode. But I also guess that the problem with this is that there is no support in Kodi to get that timestamp from the subtitle file.
I can confirm that with emby sorting out metadata etc Nextup works perfectly on all my strm files.

I removed all strm shows and added them in one by one giving emby time to populate and sync.

Big thumbs up to emby, your Nextup service and mod of Arctic Zephyr skin.
Sad I don't want to be using emby, I wonder what is missing from the strm files that emby is scrapping that kodi does not.
(2015-06-12, 09:45)Frozin Wrote: Sad I don't want to be using emby, I wonder what is missing from the strm files that emby is scrapping that kodi does not.

I'm not using strm files but from my understanding you just need to add them to your library and everything should work then.
(2015-06-12, 09:51)Razze Wrote:
(2015-06-12, 09:45)Frozin Wrote: Sad I don't want to be using emby, I wonder what is missing from the strm files that emby is scrapping that kodi does not.

I'm not using strm files but from my understanding you just need to add them to your library and everything should work then.

Prior to Emby all my strm files were added to library and they did not work. The strm files were actually created using an addon in Kodi which saved them into my TV and Movies folders respectively and were all scraped correctly as Widgets could see them correctly, but for unknown reasons Nextup could not work them out.

All Metadata was scraped in Kodi, I even used MediaElch to scrape the strm data but this did not fix Nextup not working with them.

Starting over with Emby has fixed the issues.
Hi,
I cannot get this to work with the FTV skin.
I can see this in my log ( i will pastebin entire log if requested)...

10:52:46 T:5576 NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> logMsg : Calling autoplayback totaltime - playtime is 2769.80601364
10:52:46 T:5576 NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Got active player {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":[{"playerid":1,"type":"video"}]}
10:52:46 T:5576 NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Getting details of playing media
10:52:46 T:5576 NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Got details of playing media{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"item":{"label":"Welcome to Briarcliff","tvshowid":-1,"type":"episode"}}}
10:52:46 T:5576 NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> logMsg : Exception in Playback Monitor Service: 'id'

is the tvshowid the problem..?

I am on Kodi 15 Beta 1 and the tvshow strms are scraped using the TVDB metadata addon (version 1.8.1)
Is anyone here using this with Xperience1080 v4 (sorry to hijack Tongue ) - I'm looking for feedback about the layout
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Here french language file for your addon : https://mega.co.nz/#!JZM0gBaA!v73jAA0nDv...2gzDsoEcFY

A bug ? Impossible to include poster with id 3009 in script-nextup-notification-NextUpInfo.xml
Thanks, I am waiting on the language files being translated. I'll have a look at 3009.
(2015-06-12, 16:42)bigpanda Wrote: Hi,
I cannot get this to work with the FTV skin.
I can see this in my log ( i will pastebin entire log if requested)...

10:52:46 T:5576 NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> logMsg : Calling autoplayback totaltime - playtime is 2769.80601364
10:52:46 T:5576 NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Got active player {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":[{"playerid":1,"type":"video"}]}
10:52:46 T:5576 NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Getting details of playing media
10:52:46 T:5576 NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Got details of playing media{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"item":{"label":"Welcome to Briarcliff","tvshowid":-1,"type":"episode"}}}
10:52:46 T:5576 NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> logMsg : Exception in Playback Monitor Service: 'id'

is the tvshowid the problem..?

I am on Kodi 15 Beta 1 and the tvshow strms are scraped using the TVDB metadata addon (version 1.8.1)

As its a strm I cannot say for sure, you could try getting Emby to scrape the info.
(2015-06-12, 21:25)Piers Wrote: Is anyone here using this with Xperience1080 v4 (sorry to hijack Tongue ) - I'm looking for feedback about the layout

You can force install of this addon in your skin by including it in your addon.xml. Then I'm sure you'll get feedback in your skin thread Wink
Can't say it works that well in 15.0 with standard confluence and watched content enabled.
The dialog has scrolling text in the button and episode titles. Also it only shows for couple of seconds while i have 20 seconds. It also doesn't start next video but just drops back to the episode list.
Previous version worked quite well
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-06-13, 11:53)Martijn Wrote: Can't say it works that well in 15.0 with standard confluence and watched content enabled.
The dialog has scrolling text in the button and episode titles. Also it only shows for couple of seconds while i have 20 seconds. It also doesn't start next video but just drops back to the episode list.
Previous version worked quite well

The default dialog was changed for 1080i skins which I feel are the majority, this would explain why it doesn't look very good on confluence. A custom version should be made for confluence by the skin developer. There's been no difference in the timing mechanism so I'm surprised it only shows for a couple of seconds for you. thanks for the reports.
You should be able to use both folders (720p and 1080i) at least that's how it works for skins.
Your addon is nice, but i have two problems:
- it doesn't show thumbnail of the next episode
- with the german translation the "cancel" button is too small ("Abbrechen"), maybe u can make it a bit bigger Wink
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix style next up notification7