What Size SD Card for Pi 2 Media Centre
Just starting out to create a (mainly) music system using Kodi on a Pi2 running OpenElec, NAS drive for media storage, android tablet as remote etc., a voyage of discovery. When I have finished ripping my media library will hold just over 1000 music CDs, around 20 DVDs and 1TB of TV series, but it will also grow Smile

Like to start out in the right direction. What will the approx library DB size be for the above? Or more specifically what size SD card should I use? I am presuming that the tag library data will be held on the Pi along with the OS as only one Kodi client, although will do my ripping and tag editing etc. on a Win PC. Going for a decent make SD, but would class 10 be better than class 4 for this application? Anything else I should look for or avoid?

Advice generally appreciated.
The databases (SQLite) are quite small, tens of megabytes, however the thumbnail (artwork) cache is what usually takes the most space. An 8GB SD card is usually sufficient. A card with decent 4K random write is what you want - the NOOBS 8GB SD card from the Raspberry Pi Foundation shop is recommended.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
If you're not really hardcore, a 8GB SD will do just fine!
Hello,

I'm using a sdcard + usb-stick.
Is writen sqllite and thumbnails on sd or on usb?
(2015-06-02, 09:16)Heiko123 Wrote: Hello,

I'm using a sdcard + usb-stick.
Is writen sqllite and thumbnails on sd or on usb?

sdcard is just to boot kodi, all userdata is on the usb stick
Technically speaking, you can use a 32 MB (yes, MB) SD card if you are also using a USB flash drive.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What Size SD Card for Pi 2 Media Centre0