No WMC in Win10
Shocked 
So I just found out that there will be now WMC in Win10 but I do actually want to take the plunge.

Currently I only use Kodi for movies and Series but now comes the time to deal with LiveTV and PVR. I have a PCTV 460e DVB-S2 USB device and I wonder what may be the easisest way to make it work in Kodi.

Since The WMC PVR addon is not an option (well obviously) I need the most compatible interface to install on my machine and bridge between DVB-S2 and Kodi.
What might that be .. should I install MythTV just to use the Addon? Or maybe Mediacenter?

Any suggestions and pointers into the right direction are much appreciated.
PVR in Kodi works in similar ways no matter which software you decide to use, i.e. you have a "backend" (WMC, Mythtv, tvheadend, vdr etc.) and an addon in Kodi that links them together. Search the forum for a while if you need any help with choosing, there's been a lot of similar questions asked.
Thanks, I'm quite happy With Argus TV at the moment .. though not fully through with configuration yet :-)
The basics is mostly explained in the wiki here http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR and here http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR_backend

If you want to use Windows 10 then you got several options for backend software.
I think the best bet if you currently have cable, is to use the silicondust HomeRun Prime via cable card and the Kodi Silicondust addon. It has a fairly decent guide, streams all channels, the only drawback (I feel) is that their guide is not a grid style, though it is quick and shows current and on next listings. Currently I see no way to edit the channel listings.
(2015-06-11, 00:09)Karter Wrote: I think the best bet if you currently have cable, is to use the silicondust HomeRun Prime via cable card and the Kodi Silicondust addon. It has a fairly decent guide, streams all channels, the only drawback (I feel) is that their guide is not a grid style, though it is quick and shows current and on next listings. Currently I see no way to edit the channel listings.
I have to totally DISAGREE this has NO ability to record shows. What good is a PVR with no "R"... Unless I am missing something?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No WMC in Win100