Solved ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting
The http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ
says:
"You'll have to put the Kodi folder in a place where standard users have write permission (e.g. not under Program Files) or run the shortcut as admin (even though you're logged in with an admin account). Otherwise you'll get the error message "ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting." "
I changed my permissions and was go. Win 10.
Hi guys,

I'm a compete noob to Kodi and probably what would be described as a boderline techtard. I literally know the basis of getting the computer on and can follow instruction if its in simple form.

I downloaded Kodi to my laptop last night after the Android box I purchased decided not to work. I was having a bit of issue with the sound on NFL TV. So I tried messing around with it, then Kodi froze, I restarted the laptop got the ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting message. I then done a system restore taking laptop back to before i installed Kodi hoping this would allow me to download the app again and retry. But this hasn't worked.

I have looked through a few different threads and tried looking at some tutorials online to resolve this but have had no luck understanding it. Can someone tell me how to resolve this in simple laymans terms.

Many thanks,
Hi Guys,

I'm a complete noob and have only had Kodi a few weeks. It stopped working literally overnight. The Error message is stating "Unable to create application. Exiting"
My battery died on my laptop while Kodi was still open not sure if this would cause problem
(2015-09-28, 11:27)daiplug Wrote: ...

Did you try deleting the Profile.xml file as I suggested in my first post?
If it's a Windows OS that you're running, then just run hit Windows key + R
Code:
%appdata%\kodi\userdata

Also try reading what the others have posted about the error below my post.
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
That worked for me...

Thank you
Hello am having this same problem, I don't know where to find the profile.xml. Can someone please help with a step by step guide?
If it's a Windows OS that you're running, then just run hit Windows key + R

type

%appdata%\kodi\userdata

Delete file profiles.xml
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Wink 
I had the same problem and renaming the profile file did the job.
Thank you very much!!!!!Cool
Worked for me too!! Just had to tweak some of my settings, but most of it saved Smile
Glad to hear! Smile
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
Can anyone shed any more info on this I receive the same message ERROR unable to create application. I have unchecked the checkbox for "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" in sound settings.
uninstalled and reinstalled kodi and still having no luck.
The logs etc you guys are talking about can you give more simplified instructions to how to get to those for a novice? lol
frustrating this has happened.
(2015-10-27, 22:55)Jamesymcc Wrote: Can anyone shed any more info on this I receive the same message ERROR unable to create application. I have unchecked the checkbox for "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" in sound settings.
uninstalled and reinstalled kodi and still having no luck.
The logs etc you guys are talking about can you give more simplified instructions to how to get to those for a novice? lol
frustrating this has happened.

Did you try deleting the profiles.xml file as I suggested in my first post?
If it's a Windows OS that you're running, then just run hit Windows key + R or Click Start, then Run... and paste the following text below:
Code:
%appdata%\kodi\userdata
Kodi 18.3
Exclamation 
oh sweet jesus thank you for this! I am an idiot when it comes to computers but when I read that all you had to do was go to my computer search profiles.xml and delete the profile (userdata) folder it worked! thank you so much I was without my kodi for like 2 weeks because all the instructions I read were super complicated but thanks to you I have solved the puzzle!: :D
(2015-11-04, 20:34)jessiejo_1 Wrote: oh sweet jesus thank you for this! I am an idiot when it comes to computers but when I read that all you had to do was go to my computer search profiles.xml and delete the profile (userdata) folder it worked! thank you so much I was without my kodi for like 2 weeks because all the instructions I read were super complicated but thanks to you I have solved the puzzle!: Big Grin

I'm glad we could help Smile
Kodi 18.3
I need some help please from all you gurus.. I have tried what has been said above (deleting the profle folder) but I keep getting the same error - RE: ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting. Any other ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting3