• 43(current)
Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV
(2016-05-03, 14:08)CK1one Wrote: is ARC working with Kodi and Sony AndroidTVs from 2015/2016 ?

YES - look in the SPMC Thread for more information[/align]
(2016-05-03, 14:16)berzi Wrote:
(2016-05-03, 14:08)CK1one Wrote: is ARC working with Kodi and Sony AndroidTVs from 2015/2016 ?

YES - look in the SPMC Thread for more information[/align]

nice thanks for info Blush

btw.. is Refresh rate switching also working yet ? Big Grin
Use this settings for ARC HD Audio:

Adjust display reflesh rate = Off
Sync playback to display = Off
Audio output device = Android, RAW Passthrough
Passthrough output device = Android, RAW Passthrough
Number of channels = 7.1 (je nach System auch 5.1)
Output configuration = Best match
Stereo upmix = Off
Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver = On
Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) capable receiver = On
DTS capable receiver = On
TrueHD capable receiver = On
DTS-HD capable receiver = On
(2016-05-03, 14:23)berzi Wrote: Use this settings for ARC HD Audio:

Sync playback to display = Off
Audio output device = Android, RAW Passthrough
Passthrough output device = Android, RAW Passthrough
Number of channels = 7.1 (je nach System auch 5.1)
Stereo upmix = Off
Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) capable receiver = On

does it mean that 24p isn't working while using ARC ?
24p is not working on the internal Android.

I myself use:

Sync playback to display = On
Audio output device = Android, PCM Passthrough
Passthrough output device = Android, PCM Passthrough
Number of channels = 2.0
Stereo upmix = Off
Enable Dolby Digital transcoding = On
Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) capable receiver = On (no HD passthrough via ARC)

That way, you have perfectly synced playback, with multi-channel transcoded to AC3 to your AVR.
Note that AC3/DTS is decoded, resampled, and re-encoded to AC3 in that config.
Just downloaded KODI 16.1 on a Sony Bravia 43W800C using lttp://fusion.xbmchub.com. All went well up to reaching ROOT A & ROOT B boxes showing 'start here', 'xbmc-repos', 'xpmc-scripts' folders. These folders will not open and I cannot proceed further.
Desperately need help here please
Mike
(2016-05-03, 15:31)Koying Wrote: 24p is not working on the internal Android.

is it because of android 5.0 ?
any news if 24p will be available with sony's announced android 6.0 update?
Ask Sony...
Personally, I would not even hope that they're going to implement / unblock it. Isn't this just about setting display refresh rate to 24p (this is what they actually do for Home cinema mode)? I think it's no rocket science... It took them a few months to improve remote control - it used to freeze for ~30 seconds, TV didn't respond it. It happened a few times a day, not it's better - happen every couple of days (THANKS SONY! Big Grin)
Definitely something they could easily do, but yeah, their android implementation seems in perpetual beta, not unlike the ones from cheap android boxes, which is a HUGE disappointment for a premium TV from a premium brand...
that remote thing used to drive me nuts, its alot better now since the update a few weeks ago its only happened twice before the update ever since i got my tv it would happen a few times a day.
Hi there,
I am not IT exper but i am in love with Kodi. Now i have http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KD-55X8005C

And http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/sound-bars/ht-ct380 as audio solution

I want to pull best possible audio quality so can some one tell me best settings for this pair od devices?
Hi guys, I'm planning to buy Sony TV because I want to get rid of my RPi. But the thing is that I have my movies library on an portable hard drive, connected directly to RPi. Now the question is, will KODI (installed on the TV) somehow manage to 'see' this HDD if I connect it to TV? And build a library from it? I should mention that I want to avoid streaming (no NAS etc.).
(2016-05-10, 14:26)LikigTomcat Wrote: Hi guys, I'm planning to buy Sony TV because I want to get rid of my RPi.

Why? Just buy the dumbest possible TV with the best PQ and hook your rpi to it...
(2016-05-10, 14:26)LikigTomcat Wrote: Hi guys, I'm planning to buy Sony TV because I want to get rid of my RPi. But the thing is that I have my movies library on an portable hard drive, connected directly to RPi. Now the question is, will KODI (installed on the TV) somehow manage to 'see' this HDD if I connect it to TV? And build a library from it? I should mention that I want to avoid streaming (no NAS etc.).

Koying is right. Don't do this! Search this thread, search Sony Community forums and you'll soon find out what piece of shit Android Bravia is.
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV8