• 44(current)
Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV
First, sorry for my english ...

I juste bought a 55x8509c and installed Kodi. Until now, I had a HTPC witch windows 10 and Kodi. My files are on a NAS (W2012 Essentials) and I use a mySQL database.
I copy my advancedsettings.xml files (and mediasource and password xml files) to my TV in my profile. I restart kodi but nothing happens, like android kodi on my TV ignore my XML files. What I did wrong please ? [/align]
Auto reply : thé settings files are read, but it don't connect to MySQL server. (Port 3306). Samedi settings works on m'y htpc. Is there a firewall on the TV ?
Just upgraded to 16.1 on Sony kdl50w805c and the movies and tv tabs in the home screen are missing. Sources, advancedxml and also passwords files are in place, however in appearance - settings - home window - the tv and movies are greyed out.

Does anyone have a way to fix this as I am having to downgrade to 15.2 to see these.

Its kind of essential in my setup.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Edit: Think the same issue as ben1999 above?
No crystal ball + no log = no issue
Hi Koying, is that a response to my issue? If so, how do I get the log from the Sony tv?
http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
For my case, there is this message :

Error : unable to open database XBMC_Db99 [2005] unknown MySQL server host 'server'...

My Server name is Server...
Use the IP address then ? If it works with IP address, then maybe it ignores your local DNS server ?
Hi,

With IP adress, it works on a SQL client. On kodi : the app hangs out .. (no log !)

Another strange things : even if I add the source manually (no sql, juste a smb share), Kodi doesn't scrap and doesn't create the Movie Tab and the TV Show Tab (séries in French). The video can be read without problem by the VIDEO Tab / File menu.
Hi everyone! What kind of advanced settings do you guys use on your TV? I'm having trouble playing large movies < 20 GB, with occasional stutter and choppy playback. How can I make Kodi to buffer more so the stutter goes away? I'm playing files on my local network from my Nas.
Last strange thing ... With the SQL client, it doesn't resolve the name but in kodi, i can specify a SMB share with the name of the my server ...
The Kodi Hue addon used to work on my Android TV until recently (the last couple weeks). It seems to connect fine to the bridge and theater mode appears to still be working.

It looks like the ambilight mode attempts to work and changes colour initially (say from an initial blue to green) but then stays on that colour and doesn't change any longer.

Any else experiencing this issue and if so any idea's on how to resolve it?

I tested the same Kodi set up on my PC (with the same addons) and it works fine. Also attempted to do a clean install of Kodi on my Bravia and it doesn't seem to have made a difference other than wasting lots of time! Sad

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm completely out of idea's now.
Be sure to disable surface for any ambilight addon.
(2016-05-18, 01:18)Koying Wrote: Be sure to disable surface for any ambilight addon.

Hey Koying, Appreciate the rapid response!

Just to clarify you're talking about this right? Also if I was to do this, what would I lose. I assume there's a reason that this option is on. Would I just lose the ability to watch things in 4K or would something else also be affected like 1080P? (My Bravia isn't a 4K one so I'm not too bothered about losing that).

Quote:"If in Kodi v15 you had brightness and contrast video playback options, but they are missing in v16, then you can re-enable them by going to Settings -> Videos -> Acceleration -> and disable only "Mediacodec (surface)". Video will still be hardware decoded, but this will disable 4K output support for 4K Android hardware."
Source

EDIT -- I just turned it off now that I've finished work. Ambilight is working perfectly again. Would still love to know if 1080P etc. will be effected?
Hello,

Almost a half victory ! after a clean reboot of my TV and putting all the XML files (advancedsettings, mediasource, source, password) of my HTPC KODI on my android TV, it works ! All my movies and tv shows are on the TV... but ... there is a sound problem now ! No sound at all, a sort of "PSHHHHT" on my yamaha receiver and a very mad and loud sound on the TV is I switch off the receiver . It's very strange. I try 2.0 and 5.1 configuration, the same sound...

Any idea ?
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV8