• 46(current)
Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV
I 'll be waiting, thank you
Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain :-P
Switched to PCM in TV settings but still no DTS from Kodi :/
Try setting your channels to 2.0 even if you have a 5.1 or 7.1. When I set up and put 5.1 everything came Stereo but once I switched it to 2.0 I was able to get Dolby 5.1, DTS, etc.
(2016-05-27, 03:05)clfnole Wrote: Try setting your channels to 2.0 even if you have a 5.1 or 7.1. When I set up and put 5.1 everything came Stereo but once I switched it to 2.0 I was able to get Dolby 5.1, DTS, etc.

Have you connected it with ARC or optical?
here are my Kodi settings,
receiver connected by ARC

System - Settings - Audio output 1 на ixbt.photo:

System - Settings - Audio output 2 на ixbt.photo:

I run once again test videos carefully and discovered that Sony cuts all 7.1 (DD-plus, DD-TrueHD, DTS-HD) to 5.1.
No HD audio via ARC / Optical.
5.1 at most
I have a Sony 55X8005 (android 5.1.1) with latest Kodi from the play store (I think 16.1). I was pleasantly surprised to see that I can watch 4K content with Kodi without a glitch. Perfectly smooth.

I had the problem (like many of you in the thread) with the audio passthrough, but I made it work. By setting the HDMI audio on the TV to PCM. Then I got all the surround format working - DTS, DD, DD EX, DTS HD via HDMI ARK (to a Sony receiver). In the same time Netflix had DD also. The only problem to this fix is that with this HDMI audio setting, I do not get Dolby Digital from the cable channels (like the HBOs, MTV). I will later try the fix found in the thread to see if it fixes that.

However I still got 2 problems that kinda stops me from completely moving from external media player with kodi to the internal:

1. I can't change the contrast/colors/black level/gamma for the Kodi GUI itself, SD videos and photos. I did set the picture settings for all my HD content perfectly, but the SD content looks terrible - too much contrast, blown up colors. When I play an HD content and hit Action button, the playback stops and it gets me back Kodi GUI. Then I can change contrast/colors/etc. and it is applied to the HD moview/tv show, but there is no change to the colors/contrast to the Kodi GUI.
Since you can't change the birthness/contrast/colors of the Sony home menu (Android TV), I was kinda stuck with high contrast and blown up colors on the home menu, which I can live with, but apparently the same settings are applied also to Kodi android app. To be able to tone down a little bit those blown up colors and contrast I enabled the Light sensor, which makes the home menu at night at least not to hurt the eyes.
The only think that seems to be able to change on picture settings while in Kodi app is the brightness. Changing colors/contrast/black levels does not not do anything.
Can somebody try for example to bring down the contrast, while in the Kodi GUI?

2. Since Android TV does not have Google Photos app yet, I watch my photos via Kodi on all my kodi instances (Windows 7 and RasPI2). I have the photos on a shared device in the network and can set them up in Android TV Kodi perfectly. However the first problem with photos is the blown up colors and contrast from point 1 above. The second problem is that the transition between photos is very jerky. The transition I mean when the old photo fades out and the new one fades in. On my two windows machines with Kodi, the transition is perfectly smooth. On my RasPI2 the transition is a little bit jerky, but not that noticeable. However on the Android TV the transition is so jerky, it is like 5 fps. Did anyone experience that and cant it be fixed?

Every help will be appreciated.

EDIT: After some more research I found out that when the SD video is decoded with "ff-mpeg" decoder then I can't change contrast/color settings on TV. But when it is used "amc-h264" decoder - the contrast/color settings are correctly applied. Is there a way to force "amc-h264" to be used always?
Of course this does not resolve the photos issue - they all are in blown up contrast/color.
(2016-05-27, 09:58)BlackSoul Wrote: here are my Kodi settings,
receiver connected by ARC

System - Settings - Audio output 1 на ixbt.photo:

System - Settings - Audio output 2 на ixbt.photo:

I run once again test videos carefully and discovered that Sony cuts all 7.1 (DD-plus, DD-TrueHD, DTS-HD) to 5.1.

Thanks man, your screenshots helped me! it is working now!

except DTS-HD-MA is converted to DTS but it is still ok.
KDL-43W755C

Having problems with slow/choppy playback:
MKV, 720p, H264 MPEG-4 AVC, FLAC 24bps audio
(150 anime episodes with the same A/V codecs, result always the same. Of course the videos play fine on other software and PC)

Using latest KODI from play store (16.1 I think), LAN 1Gb.

Did not find any info if this should work or there is some incompatibility. What am I missing?

Edit:
Tested other MKVs with similar specs (720p, H264) but AAC audio. No problems there. Is FLAC the problem?
(2016-05-27, 09:44)baneand Wrote:
(2016-05-27, 03:05)clfnole Wrote: Try setting your channels to 2.0 even if you have a 5.1 or 7.1. When I set up and put 5.1 everything came Stereo but once I switched it to 2.0 I was able to get Dolby 5.1, DTS, etc.

Have you connected it with ARC or optical?

ARC
I am using ARC also.
Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain :-P
I changed one thing then my whole setup got screwed up and reverted back to stereo again. I did get it back but does anyone know what the choices are for audio source? Android PCM, IEC Passthrough and RAW Passthrough?

I use PCM but was curious if anyone uses the others
(2016-04-08, 21:46)C-Quel Wrote: Was having lots of problems with cpu usage when using kodi 16 market place version on the x85c with mpeg2 streams at 14-18 mb/s but switching off (surface) acceleration seems to have dropped cpu usage by 50-60%

Anyone explain the benefits / pitfalls? and do really need it enabled?

Also disabled interlacing as boy did it cause issues!

---

Runs quite nice with the tvheadend backend and hdhomerun very impressed... also now i nailed the 3d switching its a complete bundle. Just some explanations would be nice Smile

I'm looking for the correct parameters to use tvheadend + kodi on my x85c tv, with 12/15mbps h264 streams. Surface acceleration is already disabled, but the image is now interlaced, and frames are not sync anymore with screen frequency (french TV is 50Hz). What can I do to fix this?
I have a new Sony 4k 2016 TV and use latest Kodi from Playstore. I use also ARC with a Denon Receiver but i dont get Dolby or dts. I hear only Stereo. Whene i play 4k content in Kodi will use the TV this or play Kodi this only with full hd?
Hi there,

I was wondering if Kodi can interact with our Sony Android TV homescreen bar like Plex does for "what's next" or "watching" episodes/movies?

Thanks in advance,
Nick[/i]
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV8