• 67(current)
Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV
I got it from this tread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=289735&page=24

Direct link: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk

Settings on my X85C:

- Sync playback to display on or off does not matter
- Number of channels 2.0 (Change to 5.1 only PCM)
- Output configuration: Best Match
- Allow Passtrough
- Dolby Digital AC3 capable receiver
- Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) Transcoding
- Dolby Digital Plus E-AC3 Capable Receiver

This option transcodes DTS etc too DD. Good luck!
(2017-02-09, 09:56)Supernovasx Wrote: Direct link: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk
Link don't work?

Sent from my Nokia 3110i
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk

Sorry, this one should work...
Ended up with this build on my xd8505:
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk

It is Kodi 17 final with hack for us with not so shitty devices [WHITE SMILING FACE]️ Works well with HW acceleration and passthrough so far.

Sent from my Nokia 3110i
Is there any solution to force audio files (flacs, mp3s..) to play on DTS?
Not that I know...
(2017-02-06, 23:56)Do-It-Yourself Wrote: I heard that Philips is the worst. Smile

I can assure you that they are on par with Sony this time, exactly same problems as Chipsets are the same.
(2017-02-13, 08:55)Etzi Wrote:
(2017-02-06, 23:56)Do-It-Yourself Wrote: I heard that Philips is the worst. Smile

I can assure you that they are on par with Sony this time, exactly same problems as Chipsets are the same.
Is it impossible to have a good working Android version on this chipset, or is there hope?

Sent from my Nokia 3110i
Just to let you know folks, I have decided, that KODI for Android TV (I have Sony Bravia) is total CRAP!
I was using it only for movies that are on my HDD. Now after Kodi update it become totally useless. I have re-installed the 16 version but it is upgrading every 2nd day.
Together with the fact, that ARC connection is not passing HD audio from TV to my AVR, I have purchased an external media player (Mede8er MED800) and now I'm more than happy:
I have HD sound passed to the AVR, I have much better picture quality than I was getting through the TV, and the TV processor is no longer busy with ~40GB files.
End of story Big Grin
Good luck.

I have SPMC 16.5.5 working on my Sony Bravia, sound/video settings as specified in the GIT hub wiki for SPMC/UHD 4KTVs. It works great, ARC playback and settings similar to SUPERNOVASX . I find SPMC has always worked better on Android.

cwh
(2017-02-17, 10:53)kixxoff Wrote: ... that ARC connection is not passing HD audio from TV to my AVR...
HDMI ARC is never capable passthrough HD audio, with or without Kodi. Wink

Android 6.0 will finally roll out to Sony TVs in Europe next week
(2017-02-17, 10:53)kixxoff Wrote: Now after Kodi update it become totally useless.

Agree. Same for me, wiped out Kodi from TV and connected back my old-time Digma mediaplayer.

(2017-02-17, 13:52)Do-It-Yourself Wrote: HDMI ARC is never capable passthrough HD audio, with or without Kodi. Wink

For sure not HD audio, but multichannel was. With v16 AVR got by ARC from TV DD core and DTS core from HD audio. With v17 neither core of HD audio nor simple DTS not go in multichannel by ARC to AVR.
My TV: KDL-55W807C

After the Update from Lollipop to Marshmallow (TV Firmware) and Google Play Store Update from KODI Jarvis 16.1 to Krypton 17.0 nothing works for me anymore.

My plan is to uninstall KODI and install a prior Version via Side-Load or Paket Installer. Official KODI 16.1 works fine for me. 16.0 better I think.

Furthermore there is SPMC especially for Android TVs which I would like to try as well.

My problem is not the installation itself (THIS could be interesting for you). My problem is that I don't know which apk version I had to download.

HERE I found all prior official KODI APK Versions but do not know wich Version (folder) I have to pick:

- arm64-v8a
- arm
- x86

Same with SPMC HERE:

- aarch64.apk
- aarch64_launcher.apk
- armeabi.apk
- armeabi_launcher.apk
- x86.apk
- x86_launcher.apk

Could anyone please help me which APK Version I have to pick für Official KODI and for SPMC ?

This Page HERE shows the specs of the KDL-55W809C. My TV (KDL-55W807C) is listed as a known alias name for this TV comes out of the W80C model series.

Btw HERE you can see that my TV out of W80C series is a 2015 model.

Therefore the Processor is an ARM Cortex-A17. At THIS official ARM site I found that this processor is:

- 32 bit
- ARMv7-A compatible

This post was solved in itself with the help of Koying. The result you can see in green. Thanks a lot.
Generally, in case of doubt, 2 solutions for those not knwing which apk to install:

1) Courageous: Try them all in the aarch64, x86, arm order, and keep the one that sticks
2) Lazy: Use arm (will work on all android device)

Sony and Phillips TV is arm.

PS: SPMC + launcher is to be avoided unless you know what you're doing
Thanks a lot Koying

As you are the SPMC developer I would cry if you could answer a further question.

In official KODI Jarvis 16.0 (I guess) there I could play "...3D.SBS..." (or HOU, TAB and so on) named videos and set KODI whithin the 3D menu to 2D mode which resulted in a absolutely clear (non overlay) and non split screen video.

Ok, why this guy wants to set KODI in 2D allthough the video source is in 3D and his TV is 3D capable? His two kids where still to young to wear the fragile googles. So he would like to switch to 2D till they can wear the googles without breaking them.

Back to topic. As of official KODI Jarvis 16.1 this was not possible anymore. It resulted in a blurry overlay or stuck in split screen ... I dont know exactly. About 17.0 we do not have to talk about. As I said in my first post I want to test the prior versions again.

Anyhow do you know the issue and can you plz give a solution, reason, explaination ... anything. Ideally a solution.

Maybe the solution is: Just install SPMC and everything is fine Wink

UPDATE: SPMC installed and everything fine so far but the above 3D-in-2D "issue". Btw some files set the TV automatically in 3D mode and some not. So as a next step I will check the header files with MKVTOOLNIX where I can set the 3Dstereographic mode. First 3 minute look proofed that a movie with correct header information and SPMC set my TV automatically in 3D mode. Another movie without this header flag not. Now I will fix it with the tool will test and come back to you.
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV8