what metadata is picked by AEON Nox
I am very confused about how meta data is picking up data from my machine. I have scraped all the artwork & metadata using media center master and in Kodi, I only use local information scraping to display the artwork. However, I am confused what is getting picked by Aeon Nox and what is it ignoring. Couldn't find specific info anywhere on what exactly is Aeon Nox picking. This is how I have the files stored :
Movie folder > Movie file
Movie folder > backdrop, backdrop1, backdrop2, backdrop3, etc.
Movie folder > fanart.jpg
Movie folder > folder.jpg
Movie folder > poster.jpg
Movie folder > clearart.jpg
Movie folder > disc.jpg
Movie folder > logo.jpg
Movie folder > banner.jpg

Questions :
1.) Which file is picked for the backdrop ? Is it "backdrop.jpg" OR "fanart.jpg" ?
2.) If I change any of these images to a different image but with same file name, the change is not reflected in Kodi. Even after manually updating the library. Seems like Kodi is using some sort of cache. Any workaround for this ?
3.) Is it possible to rotate on backdrops? So, every time the backdrop for a movie loads it picks , at random, one backdrop from all the available backdrops instead of picking the same one every time.
HP Pavilion G6 Series | Samsung 40H5100
When your movies are scraped into Kodi, an imaged is cached of fanart.jpg and poster.jpg. Whatever skin you use will display the images from cache, so if you change the image in the movie folder you must also clean the movie from the database and then re-scrape it to replace the cached image. An alternative would be to use the "Choose Art" selection in the movie info screen and manually select the art you want to use.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2015-06-23, 19:19)wgstarks Wrote: When your movies are scraped into Kodi, an imaged is cached of fanart.jpg and poster.jpg. Whatever skin you use will display the images from cache, so if you change the image in the movie folder you must also clean the movie from the database and then re-scrape it to replace the cached image. An alternative would be to use the "Choose Art" selection in the movie info screen and manually select the art you want to use.

Thanks for clarifying that. Is there any way that I can "refresh" or "delete"the built cache so that Kodi is forced to rescrape for artwork ? Want a solution that can be applied on the whole library at once.
Two way to do so.
As already said, remove the library and rescape...
Or try texture cache maintenace utility.
There is no over ways.

The first is overkill.
The second will ask you a little work to understand how it workd, but it does it "chirurgical way" if you want it, or the hardcore way too.
(2015-06-23, 21:42)Namoi Wrote: Two way to do so.
As already said, remove the library and rescape...
Or try texture cache maintenace utility.
There is no over ways.

The first is overkill.
The second will ask you a little work to understand how it workd, but it does it "chirurgical way" if you want it, or the hardcore way too.

Thanks Naomi. Can you help me a little with how can I "install" this script on windows 8? It is not very clear in the wiki. I think, I understand the commands and how to delete specific stuff but installation of script is not explained clearly.
It's late here ;-)

Read this
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373

Tomorrow, ring me a bell if you couldn't set it up (it is the hardest part, the rest is easy).
You only need to clone Milhouse's TextureCache git and have python installed on windows 8. Then run script. Read the faq's
Image Image

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
what metadata is picked by AEON Nox0